[Poll] A lot of studios are doing remakes and reimagining. Do you think that XGS and Bethesda should follow the trend ? And what games would you like to see remade?

It seems like a lot of studios are doing remakes and reimagining of some iconic games at the moment.

During the last years (released or announced):

• KOTOR
  • Dead Space
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake Part 1 + Part 2
  • Metal Gear Solid 3 (rumored)
  • Metroid Prime (rumored)
  • Red Dead Redemption (rumored)
  • Shadow of the Colossus
  • Demon’s Soul
  • Resident Evil 2 Remake
  • Resident Evil 3 Remake
  • Resident Evil 4 Remake (rumored)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening
  • Metroid Samus Returns
  • Advance Wars 1 + 2 ReBoot Camp
  • Pokémon Brilliant Diamand & Shinning Pearl
  • Pokémon Let’s Go
  • Mario Party Superstars (sort of)
  • Prince Of Persia: Sands of Time
  • Yakuza Kiwami
  • Yakuza Kiwami 2
  • Ratchet & Clank 2016
  • Crash Bandicoot N’Sane Trilogy
  • Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled
  • Spyro Reignited Trilogy

So far, it seems that Microsoft (and Bethesda now) aren’t following the trend.

If I’m correct, Bethesda never made a remake and the last remakes from MS were a long time ago:

• Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary (2011)
  • Halo 2 Anniversary (2014)
  • Gears of War Ultimate Edition (2015)

So do you think that they should follow the trend and do remakes of some of their games in the library (whether it’s in-house or outsourced) ? And if yes, what games would you like to see remade (1:1) or reimagined ?

Should MS and Bethesda spend resources on remakes or reimagining of some of their old games ?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

If yes, here are some candidates. Which one would you like to see happening ?
  • Halo 3
  • The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
  • Fallout: New Vegas
  • Banjo-Kazooie
  • Lost Odyssey
  • Blue Dragon
  • Gears of War 2
  • Fallout 3
  • The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
  • Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
  • Jet Force Gemini
  • Other…

0 voters

P.S.: I’m not a native English speaker so maybe I’m confusing remaster / remake (in my eyes, a remaster refers to some kind of port like Quake 2021 while a remake means that graphics are remade from scratch, whether it’s a 1:1 game like Shadow of the Colossus / H2A or a reimagining like Resident Evil 2 Remake).

2 Likes

Fallout 3 & New Vegas Remake would be amazing.

3 Likes

Absolutely if a studio wants to do one. Remakes are awesome when done right. Games like Morrowind and NV deserve to be modernized with the current tech we have today.

2 Likes

Not really no, especially if they’re backwards compatible.

Waste of money.

1 Like

all of the fallouts except for Fallout 4 need a remake.

but I think Banjoo-Kazooie is the most urgent one on the list because a remake will mean the series alive again and after a good remake I am sure many studios will jump onto the opportunity of making a sequel. instead of what’s happening now of it getting rejected by every studio Xbox offers it to.

A few 1st party games would benefit from a remake:

Blinx the Time Sweeper - Imagine what they could do with the time mechanics on modern hardware.

Banjo-Kazooie - A Crash-esque facelift + plus controls improvements would do wonders.

A remake of An Elder Scrolls Adventure: Redguard as a springboard for a ES action spinoff series would be rad.

1 Like

4k ports? No, just male those games heutchy and fps boosted.

Remasters that changes the entire graphics, Halo Anniversary style? Would definitely play if I haven’t yet.

Rebooting old franchises? Or actual remake Re2 style? Hell yeah!

1 Like

I consider remakes and remasters filler content.

1 Like

I think that Banjo should be a reboot, like Fable and Perfect Dark.

3 Likes

Yes.

But only if it’s Jet Force Gemini and/or Banjo Kazooie to see if they could come back as a franchise. Reboot/remake both to current generation standards in visuals, gameplay/combat, add full voice acting and make them great.

There will be a new Fallout and Elder Scrolls so no for them. Halo/Gears same. Crimson Skies maybe but is there any demand for it? Lost Odyssey/Blue Dragon are basically dead and Mistwalker creates ideas as opposed to making games and neither did that well anyway plus I can’t see them getting a sequel. Banjo has multiple games so it makes sense and Jet Force Gemini could be Microsoft’s Ratchet which would be great in my opinion.

Remasters may be, but remakes? No way.

1 Like

Remake / Remasters of all Gears

Remake / Remasters of all Crackdowns

Way

I feel those 360 Bethesda games def need to get a remake treatment. Also I feel remakes can always be outsourced and if a dev wants to tackle it on then I see no harm in providing resources to make it happen. Also it seems like remakes generate a lot of buzz and could be a good way to attract people to platform

2 Likes

No its a Waste of time and resources particularly the BGS RPG’s people vehemently want remade. Make new games because this is the gen for xbox to establish themselves as an IP powerhouse.

If you outsource to someone I don’t care but imo no 1st party studio should be remaking anything of any kind this gen.

1 Like

Why? Good remakes are as popular as new games.

I just said why in the post above.

I’m just saying that Remakes can be as successful as new games. They can have the same impact. They are not a waste of time and resources.

Resident Evil 2, for exemple, sold almost the same number of unities as RE7 despite being released 2 years later.

Resident Evil 2 reimagined a top down game from the ps1 era into something completely different and it was a short turnover due to the scope of the game hence not a waste of resources. Wasting 5-6 years remaking a BGS RPG is a waste of time when their new games already have nearly a decade turnover.

Plus Capcom wasnt in the same situation as Xbox .

Final Fantasy XV sold 9 million copies in 2019, 3 years after release. Final Fantasy VII Remake sold 5 million in 4 months while being an exclusive. Bigger scopes remakes can also be successful.

Why are you limiting remakes to Bethesda games? Xbox has dozens of franchises that can have a remake.