[Poll] A lot of studios are doing remakes and reimagining. Do you think that XGS and Bethesda should follow the trend ? And what games would you like to see remade?

Shocking that a good Final Fantasy game and a reimagining of one of the most popular and influential games in history moved such units with Sony marketing behind it. I dont get your point bringing up this comparison.

Good game sold more than bad game.

Because those are the most people bring up. As for others then outsource them and dont waste XGS doing them. No XGS should be doing remakes or remasters of any kind this gen.

Teams finally get financial freedom and ability to do new and bigger things and they are gonna waste that remaking games? Nah. The backwards comp is there for a reason with fps boost and auto hdr.

Not of their mainline games but Iā€™m down to see reimaginings of games that have been dead for a while, Iā€™d be really happy if the funded Sega to do a new Jet Force Gemini

Thatā€™s why remakes are good. Thatā€™s the point Iā€™m making. Remakes are as successful or more successful than normal games.

As I said, itā€™s not a waste of time, we are arguing in circles. There are loads of datas showing that remakes can sell more and be more popular than normal games.

You simply canā€™t compare backwards compatibility with remakes like Resident Evil and FFVII Remake.

so I dont think xbox should do remake or reimaginings for any bethesda games because and I know this is selfish but that probably would fall under legacy and then come out for all the consoles. Rather than makeing new vegas just make new vegas 2 for xbox

1 Like

No way Xbox would release a full blown remake on other consoles. Legacy is more for remasters like Quake or updating FO76 and TESO on other platforms.

1 Like

I want to believe you butā€¦ the track record they have speaks for itself

You must make these polls a multi answer one. One choice is difficult here.

1 Like

Bethesdaā€™s later The Terminator games were amazing and ahead of their time (Iā€™ve never played the ones they made before Future Shock). If the talent is still there and thereā€™s a will to return to that universe, Microsoft should get them the license and reboot the series.

1 Like

A Gears Collection (with updates to Gears UE) would make a ton of sense to tide over classic Gears fans after Coalition takes a break from the IP. If they could find a way to make an MCC-like product that works right out of the gate, thatā€™d probably be the perfect way to do it.

1 Like

Only Gears 2, 3 and Judgement need remasters, the other ones are already on pc/X1, so in a modern enough form. Maybe revitalising them before Gears 6 through an external studio could help the franchise.

With the backwards comp program being the way it is now there is no need and those games hold up to this day. Up the framerate and apply resolution boost and call it a day.

1 Like

Hmm, some elements are really dated imo for modern standards, a Ultimate Edition treatment could do wonders to those games.

1 Like

Gears looks and plays the same from start to end. Literally nothing is dated aside from the UE having a god awful 30fps implementation.

I meant graphically wise some textures and facial models are outdated imo. Also not in-engine cutscenes are stuck on 720p.

Remasters are completely unnecessary given how good those games look via enhanced BC.

An update to Gears UE + remakes of Gears 2 + 3 makes more sense to continue monetising the declining Gears community, which may not be large enough to justify Coalitionā€™s time and resources on new AAA Gears games, but will remain big enough to justify monetising through co-developing remakes with partners. Judgment needs not be touched ever again.

I meant a treatment like Gears UE, remaster plus or remade like Halo 1 and 2 Anniversary.

Halo community and IP warrants such investment. Gears does not imo.

But they did it for Gears 1. XD

They had just bought the Gears IP and hadnā€™t released the new trilogy. After 2 games and the continue decline I see it as a waste of Coalitions time or xbox resources imo.

Surprised Halo 3 got any votes since it basically has already been remade in MCC. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: