PlayStation Studios |OT| New Logo, Same Studios

Tbh the MGS remake rumor could be true, we might just not be seeing it any time soon.

Due to some early issues I wait for the next revision of the ps5. The ram is getting hot which is a bit too worrisome but at the end of the year I would love to buy one.

I am 50/50 on it atm

This is my main concern. I want to buy one in April-May but the amount of things I hear when it comes to hardware issues are a easy put off

2 Likes

how hard is demon’s souls for a person who didn’t enjoy dark souls 1, but somewhat enjoyed bloodbourne ?

1 Like
  • I’m looking forward to Kena: Bridge of Spirits but will probably wait for the disc version or to see if it goes on Game Pass in 2022 when it releases on Xbox.

• Returnal was delayed six weeks to April 30th. I’m wondering when Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart gets released. I was always expecting it to be March/April but now, im expecting June.

• Hoping the rumors that Bluepoint Games is remaking the original 1998 Metal Gear Solid are true because that’s by far my favorite and best game in the series and would love to play a remake of it.

1 Like

It’s an atrocious UI and a massive step back from the PS4

Outside being 4K, it’s terrible.

10 button presses just to turn the damn console off and that’s with me having removed many task bar icons too. Way too much functionality and ease of use was sacrificed for the dumb cards. Way too much.

They finally had the PS4 OS in a good place. The only major thing it was missing was being able to pin tiles into place. Aside from that, the PS4 UI was basically good.

Now they screwed it up by starting all over again. Boneheaded move.

1 Like

Man if I were Sony I’d immediately call for a price drop on Returnal or do what Destruction All Stars did and throw it on PS+ Collections or PSNow

Game actually looks dope as long as it runs at 60 FPS and runs well. But 70 is still a lot. They could sell this for 50 and get more people interested in it. Especially since Roguelike’s are all the rave right now

But this and Destruction All Stars are the type of games that can give Playstation a Game Pass of their own without having to put in big AAA games in it day one if they choose not to.

1 Like

I hate navigating the PS5 UI. Hate that the button press on the ps icon is literally swapped. 1 touch brings up the stupid menu instead of taking me home and it makes me furious.

Only thing I like is sharing clips/screenshots IN THE CONSOLE is way less intrusive than on xbox.

1 Like

The UI being that bad is disappointing because I loved the PS4 UI especially after they added folders. Won’t be able to see it myself until I can snag a PS5. 10 button presses to shut down the console is insane.

Yeah.

You press the PS Button once (not hold it down), and then depending on how many options you have turned on in the task bar, you work your way across, then press on the power button (the last option always) and then press again for rest mode.

Full shutdown would be an EXTRA 2 button presses.

Wait…wouldn’t scrolling through the options on the task bar be the same as PS4 after closing the game application and then scroll across to the power button/options?

On PS4, you could customise your guide. You could make power options the FIRST option as opposed to the last.

Wow. I had PS4/PS4 Pro from May 2014 to September 2020 and I never knew this. I always closed the game application and scrolled to the right and turned off the console.

You know when people talk about Sony acquisitions the 2 that always come up are Bluepoint and House Marquee. However I noticed that Lucid, the devs behind Destruction All Stars, is a privately owned company

I wonder if Destruction All Stars is a hit, that Sony may throw the bag them perhaps?

If Sony didn’t go after Psyonix after Rocket League’s success on PS+, I don’t see them going after Lucid.

I do believe that they will acquire Bluepoint Games, Housemarque and Kojima Productions if they haven’t already.

Rocket League is third party, Destruction All Stars is first party and is owned by Sony, just not the developer

I know but my point is that if Sony didn’t go after Psyonix after the success of Rocket League, I don’t see them going after Lucid. Sony tends to make small deals with the AA/Indie studios but their main focus is AAA.

I know but that correlation doesn’t make a lot of sense though, not going after Psyonix wouldn’t imply that they wouldn’t want to go after Lucid when the biggest difference is here is that they own the game Lucid made.