Playstation State of Play announced for June 2nd

State of Play next Thursday, brings new game reveals, sneak peeks, and updates Tune in live at 3pm PT for nearly 30 minutes of trailers and announcements

It’s been more than two months since our last State of Play – who’s ready for a new one? Tune in live next Thursday, June 2 for nearly 30 minutes of announcements and updates from the world of PlayStation.

We’ll have some exciting reveals from our third-party partners, plus a sneak peek at several games in development for PlayStation VR2. Watch over at Twitch or on YouTube starting 3pm Pacific / 6pm Eastern / 12:00am CET.

See you next week!

2 Likes

Seems like a SoP where many people will tune in with the wrong expectations and come out dissatisfied despite being told what to expect :phil_lmao:

I’m glad it’s 10 days before Xbox though

5 Likes

Only 30 minutes :-1:

Can’t wait for all the comments that Xbox needs more shows right after the showcase.

8 Likes

RE Village DLC is all I really expect/hope for. I don’t put the bar very high for State of Play.

You might have opened the floodgates with this :risi:

1 Like

You can get one now; When I read “it’s been more than two months since our last SoP” I sighed a bit.

1 Like

wish granted

1 Like

Give me God of War gameplay + release date and Ill be a happy camper .

Sounds like an incredibly boring event though. Third parties and VR?

1 Like

I can’t wait for everyone to get hyped out of their minds about this, then be pissed afterwards because it didnt meet their expectations.

1 Like

2 Likes

Hopefully DD2 at Xbox show then.

I mean by now people should really know that if it’s a State of Play the expectations should be low. The good stuff is going to be at a "Playstation Showcase“. If people are hyping themselves up for this it’s just their own fault.

Sony is very upfront with what to expect

So third parties and PSVR2. I hope no one expects anything from first party.

4 Likes

Fuck this show :phil_unsure:

If SF is there I fully expect it to be exclusive again

1 Like

open with the weakest show and end with the best one aka XGShowcase. ya dun goofed, Bimmy Jr.

It’s during E3 time frame. Expectations are decades long for E3. PlayStation continues to skip E3 for 5 years while every other developer continues to show up. I’m not going to cheer the fact that PlayStation keeps trying to skip E3. Why exactly does Sony get a free pass? A half hour is disappointing.

It has been quiet in terms of rumors for a while now regarding this, but there have been insiders saying it likely would be exclusive again. For the fans I hope it’s not, none of the Capcom games please. Enough of that nonsense.