PlayStation Showcase 2021 OT

How many minutes of coverage will we get of the Uncharted Collection coming to PCs?

1 Like

Anyone else remember way back before the launch of the new gen consoles, when lots of ā€œinsidersā€ agreed that Sony were in the process of securing a ton of huge timed exclusives?

I specifically remember people on Resetera saying that the scale of these deals & the developers involved would be shocking to everyone.

It doesnā€™t seem to have happened, does it? They got Deathloop & Ghostwire Tokyo from Bethesda, Final Fantasy from Square & Iā€™m already struggling to think of anything else as big as we were told to expect.

Did Covid wreck a lot of plans & push most of these deals back, but they will still be coming? Will we hear anything at this event? Was it all a load of garbage?

1 Like

Remember around that time thatā€™s when they apparently tried to get Starfield timed exclusive as well. So maybe some insiders just expected Sony to close that deal considering they got Deathloop and Tokyo already.

2 Likes

Letā€™s hope not.

At this point, itā€™s inevitable.

Possibly Starfield, if that was ever on the cards, was one of the big earth-shaking deals. Thatā€™s only one game though. I definitely remember we were told to prepare for a lot.

Hoping they show some God of War footage.

Donā€™t have a PS5 now, but will no doubt pick one up later in the generation after a price drop.

Maybe Insiders just assumed that Sony would be able to get much more if they got Starfield.

Full exclusives or timed you mean? I mean we know about possibly a new BioShock, so Iā€™m preparing for that.

I prefer the method MS is doing or trying, day one on Game Pass. However if that turns out to not be happening for too many third party games and we have Sony money hatting it allā€¦then I really hope MS starts to do these deals again too.

I mean itā€™s cool to have big name games day one on Game Pass, but if the majority of those third party games are ones that had a year or longer timed exclusivity on PS5 I donā€™t think thatā€™s worth it. Weā€™ll have to wait and see.

Whats the other rumored Sony 3rd party cop? Bioshock?

Bioshock was what Nick spoke about iirc yeah and other insiders last year talked about franchises that Xbox used to brag about having on stage. Clearly this was about Starfield, thank fuck that didnā€™t happen. Iā€™ve no idea what others could be.

All I wish for is that Xbox wonā€™t miss out too much on some truly great stuff, the Game Pass approach is cool and letā€™s hope many more companies will agree to it. Some big stuff IS coming to GP day one like Stalker 2 and this year we had Outriders. Didnā€™t like the game but it IS a big one.

I hope Nickā€™s tweet is about actual exclusives of their own.

That was when Sony was rumored to be acquiring Bethesda. In the end it was a few years later and Microsoft with the spoils.

2 Likes

Both, I expect SF6 to be full exclusive again since Sony acquired EVO and the game is practically ā€œdeadā€ on Xbox, after so many years without it I donā€™t know if it would make a huge difference for Capcom to skip it again.

That Bioshock deal could be timed because it was huge in Xbox back in the day. But yeah, both types of moneyhats are surely happening, the games that are a mystery.

1 Like

Iā€™m just here to see game play of what next gen can do. First truly impressive game Iā€™ve seen has been FH5 (and I forgot Horizon FW looks great too) .

I guess those two games could warrant a gif like that to be used, but it honestly wouldnā€™t surprise me. For me personally I donā€™t care about fighters so they can have it, although it really,reaaaaally sucks for Xbox fans that do love the franchise. Bioshock hopefully is timed yeah, Iā€™ll be a sad panda the day it isnā€™t. Letā€™s hope thatā€™s about it though and nothing else truly big.

Wonder if weā€™ll see Pragmata update here.

FH5 absolutely, but not HFW as well?

I guess itā€™s pretty clear that Sony wants to lockdown the fighting games genre to PlayStation, thereā€™s also that Arc systems rumor.
If youā€™re a fighting game person, PlayStation will be a must, thatā€™s my take.

Just like the Xbox is a must for WRPG.

I caught you on the edit lol

1 Like

Haha :wink:

Those are the first two games that truly got me saying ā€œoh shit, now weā€™re talkingā€. Showing a clear leap up from previous gen.

i think itā€™s time to see GOW Footage