Playstation Plus revamp announced, Jim Ryan explains why Sony cannot currently offer day and date games in service

You gotta love all the people already assuming that BC titles on PS5 will have resolution and framerate enhancements. Like that’s just something that happens automatically and not a major engineering challenge.

9 Likes

At least make the game load faster.

And even their best selling game made less money than Halo 5. A game that “bombed” on Xbox (and certainly only made a fraction of the money SoT, FH4 made for example)

1 Like

I thought that’s already confirmed they will roll out the collection content to Extra. Which is a shame as that will be a price hike, but has the upside that ps4 users will be able to play the games too now.

Edit: Just checked and wow. I saw someone grossly mispoken what was said by them.

The actual quote they said to ign is that there will be no changes to Ps plus Essential so that remains a ps5 only perk for the base sub.

The bare minimum should be expected with their BC solution.

Yea me too, it seems though that Sony fans can twist reality in any way they want to try and classify them as market leader.

3 Likes

Do games stay on their service though or will they also leave?

1 Like

We’ve kinda established that many Xbox fans are strangely eager to do so for Sony as well.

2 Likes

I think it’s should be expected that all third party content cycles off.

Games do leave PS Now. Shadow Warrior 3 is only on that service for 4 months total.

And Plus is basically like GwG, right? Have they said if they will increase the amount of games every month (to be more like Game Pass) or nothing like that?

It’s a bit of an intimidation 1-2 punch. Sony will blacklist you for speaking negatively about them. Then the Sony fan cult will try to “cancel” you with bully tactics. (They tried to dox my family simply for posting a video of my kid turning his Xbox on after he opened his PS5 birthday present. The Sony cult is unhinged.) in most cases people in the media just decide it’s not worth the effort going against PlayStation.

I do however feel like this sway over the community is diminishing. Sony is getting called out more often than even just a few years ago. The zeitgeist is shifting.

4 Likes

Jeff said a lot of stuff I agree with. The amount of defending this new ps plus system is crazy. its blind loyalty

4 Likes

10 Likes

I think historically PlayStation has always had more (gaming related) software sales over Tencent, Nintendo or Microsoft, therefore were considered the market leader that way. Nintendo tends to sell more physical units (consoles) but it doesn’t translate to more software sales (which technically it should).

Tencents revenue is larger but they make most of their profit from free to play and mobile games.

I have seen analysis in the past that they believe over 80% of all gaming revenue comes from just F2P games which is insane.

About 10 years ago sony’s most successful business was insurance. Not sure if it still is. Sony leads in many markets…

The funniest thing is FIRST party stuff also leaves. I remember God of War was on PSnow for like 3 months and left. Like WTF.

3 Likes

The basic tier will turn to shit like GWG did. They’ll put more games on the higher tiers.

1 Like

Oh you are probably right here. There is now an incentive for PlayStation to get people to subscribe to the higher tier, so people should not be surprised at all if the basic tiger’s quality goes down in time.