PlayStation 5 |OT| This SSD has no limits

https://x.com/jasonschreier/status/1760671088911261929?s=46&t=jjXxOoE4yWMd4fG6_-MQMQ

1 Like

Reading the various reviews, many have multiple problems listed with the title and yet still give it a 10/10 or a 9/10. You can’t trust any review scores on Sony associated games!

7 Likes

I don’t trust any critics scores nowadays but FF recently has had that Nintendo energy where issues just get ignored because of emotional attachment

FF16 got an 89 yet all I ever saw was people talking about the endless issues it had but I’m expected to believe none of these reviewers felt the same?

4 Likes

https://x.com/stephentotilo/status/1760673665312829499?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

2 Likes

Woohoo!! Another week to go and I’ll be playing Final Fantasy VII Rebirth. Can’t wait!! Best of all, im off next Thursday and Friday from work so I will be able to put a good amount of hours into the game.

Also, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth starts my three or four month run on PlayStation 5 console exclusive games. Rebirth, Rise of the Ronin and Stellar Blade along with already released titles in Granblue Fantasy Relink and since I can actually play it solo, will be giving Helldivers 2 a shot.

Let’s go baby!!! :joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

You also get Pentiment, Sea of Thieves, Hi-Fi Rush and Grounded to add to that for a PS5 only gamer.

Decent H1.

5 Likes

Still waiting for the first one on Xbox :sob:

1 Like

This is worse now that it is considered as a de facto 1st party exclusive for Sony.

2 Likes

Hahaha. Yeah, true but I already completed Hi Fi Rush a year ago and have zero interest in the other three games. Solid first half of 2024 if you’re a PlayStation 5 owner. Excluding the Microsoft games, I have at least four console exclusives that I will complete with a fifth being Helldivers 2 that I want to play because I do love third person shooters and there aren’t many of them nowadays as most games are usually melee combat focused instead of shooting.

Yeah, that sucks. It is what it is though.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think I might jump in on Helldivers 2 if they get the server issues sorted. I don’t have patience for tech issues. Lots of people I know playing it on PS5 (or trying to lol) though and it seems to be very fun.

Yeah PS5 is doing very well on the games front, ps-gamers in my circle seems very happy with it.

2 Likes

I know they’re probably not your types of games, but I can’t recommend Pentiment and Grounded enough. Absolutely amazing games and unique experiences. Unlikely, but if you have any hesitancy playing Grounded simply because it’s not a true solo experience, I’d be more than happy to run some co-op with you.

5 Likes

I won’t be playing Helldivers 2 until probably May/June after Rebirth/Ronin/Blade/Granblue so they should have the servers better suited for the player count than they do right now.

My friend who’s a PlayStation guy since day one is definitely happy and rarely if ever has an empty gap or whatever with PlayStation. So no argument here. lol

No disrespect towards either game but im simply not into Pentiment or Grounded at all. Sea of Thieves would have the best shot but at the same time, if I really wanted to get a pirate fix, I would just replay Black Flag for the fourth time. lol

2 Likes

Fair enough. Between PS5 in the first half and Xbox in the second half, there’s tons to play, but I just wanted to advocate for those two games. Plus, I know there are some games I haven’t played because they seem best played in a co-op experience and I didn’t have others who wanted to play, so just thought I’d offer in case that was a hold-up.

1 Like

https://x.com/genepark/status/1760675435602661563?s=46&t=jjXxOoE4yWMd4fG6_-MQMQ

Definitely plenty of games to play. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the offer. Just not into those particular games but if there’s ever a co-op game that I want to really play but can’t play solo, I will let you know. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Excited for FF7R. I should probably mute it on Twitter because I feel some will spoil some twists

1 Like

I can’t imagine investing into VR at this point that isn’t Meta.

2 Likes

I don’t really like Schreier, but here, I think he’s right. You can’t rely on people going in and out in the middle of a big project. There’s chemistry involved even in a work environment. And it’s something that you can only foster and cultivate, as it emerges with time.

I think Bethesda with Starfield is also a good example of that.

1 Like

Let’s see what people are saying 6 months from now.

There’s a genre (cinematic action games & rpg’s) which IMO get overhyped. I don’t know whether it’s just a particular type of game which is reviewer friendly but there’s a disconnect between what I’ve played (I played 7 Remake on the PS4 before bouncing off after a bit), what I see (clips from the recent Final Fantasy titles I haven’t played) & what reviewers say (rave reviews aka “10/10” littered with purple prose & hyperbole).

I just don’t see how Rebirth does such amazing things which makes it a must play & the best FF in over two decades.

2 Likes