PlayStation 5 |OT| This SSD has no limits

I think Insomniac is going to be working hard for the game to make it this year, hopefully without crunch. The game looked pretty unfinished to me.

3 Likes

Factions must be in dev hell.

1 Like

When single player AAA games cost hundreds of millions of dollars to make, what we saw last night (or more precisely didn’t see) makes sense. It’s just fans live in a bit of a bubble & expect late PS4 era output from Sony’s first party when it’s pretty much unsustainable.

Other than that, Sony once again demonstrated they’re really not making products for me anymore (freaking GAAS with neon lights & flashy garish colors everywhere to the point my eyeballs hurt). That’s fine & whatever works for them I guess, but this gen will be the first where I only have one console & I skip PlayStation entirely.

It makes even less sense to buy a PS5 now considering ‘if’ something good is eventually shown in six months or a year from now, it’ll ‘play best’… on a PS5 Pro (which is definitely coming considering the correctly leaked streaming thingy).

And Abandoned?

6 Likes

Spider-Man 2 looks great as usual. Rest of first party is missing. Like others said, factions must be in dev hell.

Other games just aren’t ready.

1 Like

Going back and reading some of the hype post from the so call leakers people is so funny.

How could they get the showcase so wrong. They was hyping it up like it was a 10/10 showcase. Turns out it only like a 5/10 showcase. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

9 Likes

They really were. It started to feel like that one E3 where they had Shenmue 3, TLG, FF7R and so on. It’s genuinely shocking. Even if you ignore any insiders you would have still expected a better presence by their own studios.

3 Likes

Honestly I think a lot of it is the same thing Xbox is suffering under - there’s a constant demand for big new flashy IPs and for studios to not be crunched and for new teams to make new content but all of these things just take time. Games take 3-5 years to make and some developments are rougher than others. I don’t say this to dismiss the criticism of the latest showcase, it really was pretty lackluster - to me it’s mostly just frustrating to see Sony suffering the same roadbumps that Microsoft does while getting a completely different reaction from it.

3 Likes

I think Xbox suffered the pandemic hit first than PS. I think now it’s time for PS to show it. Their games that were released were probably far deep into the development.

8 Likes

If you look back at the cold light of day, you can see when the first party studios were hit. Xbox were helped by games in dev for Xbox One that ported across, like Halo, Forza and the live service games like Minecraft and Sea of Thieves.

Sony had big hitters in dev for their consoles, like Horizon, Last of Us and Gran Turismo worked on since maybe 2016/7, where as Xbox studios were acquired I 2019.

Nintendo too hit out a year of ports and remasters in 2022. They sold millions, but they weren’t AAA Nintendo.

There is going to be a lull, and Xbox has seemingly got through it and is now about to ride the crest down.

10 Likes

The ABK acquisition — if it ever goes through — will be a big factor in this too!

I only saw two games that got me hyped to play. And those were Alan wake 2 and marathon. Thank god they are multiplat.

Don’t get me wrong spiderman looked great, but it looked way to similar to the first game for me to feel like I’m missing something if I don’t play it.

1 Like

All those insiders know nothing. They take their chance to get attention and clicks.

If I say “The next show of MS can be really good”, how much error can I make ?

7 Likes

For me it was MGS3R. That fact that it was not exclusive to PS5 like some leaker were saying is great.

1 Like

For me, I got 5 games out of the PlayStation Showcase. Three of the five games will be played on Xbox Series X.

1. Marvel’s Spider Man 2
  2. Assassin’s Creed Mirage
  3. Alan Wake II
  4. Final Fantasy XVI
  5. Dragon’s Dogma II

For these showcases I only care about first party, so I got:

1. Spider Man 2

Helluva showcase.

1 Like

Can you even count FF16 after the 20th time it’s been shown? Haha

5 Likes

I care about first and third party games because I play both so I want to see both. This is why I want to see major AAA third party games on the Xbox Showcase because some will be for me. If it’s all a Game Pass Indies show, then all I have is first party from Microsoft which we already know most of the upcoming games as they’ve been announced already.

Also, I play more third party multi-platform games every year than I play exclusives on PS5 and XSX combined.

True but I go based on what it shown that’s for me.

I know about Fable, Avowed and others but if they’re at the Xbox Showcase, they still count for me. Showing a game multiple times doesn’t decrease my interest or anything.

Yeah, I can see that. Though I guess a first time gameplay demonstration has a much higher impact to me than a game that we’ve seen probably an hour of gameplay for already haha.

1 Like

True and I agree but let’s say that instead of FF XVI, it was replaced with a game that I have zero interest in which would make the total 4 instead of 5, that would make it an even worse showcase for me personally.

1 Like