PlayStation 5 |OT| This SSD has no limits

Helldrivers Yeah! I forgot its name. Maybe (if not TM or HD2) Guerrilla’s second project? Last time I heard, it seemed like it was kind of ready to show or something along the lines.

Either way, we will know more on September (where it is expected they will have their big event right?)

1 Like

Hoping Helldivers 2 can be played solo.

I know this is a xbox-centric forum, but I really don’t get those saying they can’t tell the difference between the new TLOU remaster.

The difference is clearly night and day.

I agree they should not be charging $70 for a third release but to say it’s no different from the PS4 remaster is ludicrous (I’d argue some are becoming blind with bias).

6 Likes

I can tell the difference, but I don’t see myself getting it day one. I don’t even get why it needs it. I guess Naughty Dog is in TLOU hell, like Insomniac in Marvel hell.

Some pictures look worse. The pic with Joel (scroll down) -

has more detail on the PS4 image than PS5 to me. The face looks slightly better but look at the shirt. On PS5, no detail at all. Maybe I was expecting more.

Since I played and completed REmake2/3, maybe im expecting more. I get that TLOU is only 9 years old compared to RE 2/3 but still, I was expecting more visually.

I don’t mind Insomniac being in Marvel hell. Give me more. Outside of Ratchet and maybe a Resistance 4, I prefer Insomniac to stay developing Marvel games.

1 Like

The main difference is lighting. For everything else we should look at gameplay.

Day never for me.

1 Like

That was a major miss IMO for them not to showcase the gameplay improvements if they are supposedly meaningful, as it definitely did not look like a clear leap enough visually to make some big splash at a summer game event.

I think there was a precedent where the announced platforms were changed. Basically some platforms disappeared later for some games.

Neil said they’d show more in the lead up to release….it’ll happen.

I sort of see what you mean with Joel’s shirt in that image, the textures on Joel’s shirt are more rough on the PS4 version, but overall he and his appearance looks way more authentic/realistic in the PS5 version.

The main difference is lighting IMO.

The first impression of a game where they are trying to get someone to spend another $70 should have focused some on that instead of not clearly discernible visual leaps in a trailer.

I think it’ll sell just fine lol…don’t think anyone that wants it is going to be dissuaded from the reveal.

Of course there are plenty of fans that will lap this type of “remake” up, just not the type of thing that someone like me is impressed with by a gaming platform in either the execution or initial impression here.

Perhaps. Joel’s shirt just seems to have more detail on the PS4 version where as the PS5 version simply looks plain. Maybe it’s just me because after REmake2, I have high expectations for remakes and seeing the TLOUR trailer, it didn’t come close to meeting my expectations.

Do they need to? The same people who bought TLOU, TLOU Remake will by this one too :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Well they don’t really have a choice since Sony first party isn’t releasing any other game this year as far as we know… I mean outside of the upcoming PC releases.

3 Likes

Ragnarok….

We don’t have a release date for that, so one should not hold their breath.

2 Likes

Development hell?