PlayStation 5 |OT| This SSD has no limits

I remember Cerny saying it’d be an expansion in the road to ps5 talk

Marvel’s Spider-Man PS5 Ray Tracing Analysis - The Challenge of RT in First-Gen Games

They say Ray Tracing is possibly limited to 30fps.

WOW

2 Likes

As @Aetain put it when i showed her that photo “it looks like the Boston skyline, brutalist government house beside a modern skyscraper”

1 Like

It’s possible to do a rift transition on current gen, but you need to have so much of the next scene pre-loaded into memory before making the jump. SSDs should allow developers to be less dependent on pre-loading assets, freeing up more memory.

PS5 Is AR 3D Model

Oh, very curious to see a real comparison between the two.

Holy smokes

1 Like

i believe it will be slightly smaller than shown here, not a lot. The PS5 is definitely closer to the camera.

But damn this thing is huge.

It will be! Unless one wants to do 1080p gaming or implement resolution upscaling. Even Turing struggle to do reach 60.

for some reason it reminds me of this.

1 Like

Playstation got completely outclassed by Xbox for this upcoming gen in terms of hardware, compatibility, and ecosystem

• bigger,under-powered console compared to Series X
  • consumes more watts from power supply
  • 600 gb of storage compared to 800GB on Series X
  • lack of backwards compatibility
  • lack of a Console/PC/Mobile ecosystem

I also bet there won’t be much of a difference in terms of SSD performance in games either.

4 Likes

Do you mean the dress ? :wink::wink:

@Cyrus_ATX

1 Like

So it’s an entirely controlled demo

1 Like

100% controlled environment.

smh

3 Likes

20201004_001113

4 Likes

lol

To be fair, Ms is the outlier here. It’s not common at all for consoles to be extensively in the hands of that press that far from launch.

But I guess having the tools and UI as a continuous service instead of starting over for a new gen has that advantage.