PlayStation 5 |OT| This SSD has no limits

Dreams is important to PlayStation because Roblox skips PlayStation. For kids who don’t have Xbox, Dreams is their parents answer to the “we have Roblox at home” meme.

On paper, maybe. In practice? Come on.

4 Likes

Don’t get me wrong. I know the value of owning a high tech phone. I had my 6s plus for 5 years before upgrading to the note 20 ultra. But I upgrade every 4 years or 5. People who hype up the next iPhone when they have last years iPhone are ridiculous.

1 Like

I dont even think those are remotely comparable

1 Like

Fuck roblox and the cancerous nature of that game. I feel sorry for any parent who had a kid hooked onto that game.

1 Like

My 5 year old plays it. He especially likes the Piggy stages. I’ve never bought robux but I can see how if your kid is constantly asking for money that would suck.

I agree. It’s definitely weird that Japan Studio was shutdown and turned into Team Asobi while Media Molecule is still going strong. I would like to see them make an actual game as opposed to a creation tool set before shutting them down though.

Media molecule is an important studio for playstation. Dreams should come to pc. I’m thinking they’re preparing a new upgraded version for PSVR2 as well given how VR is taking off in 3d content creation.

no

Nah, Dreams is much more for adults and wannabe designers than kids, like Roblox or Minecraft, it’s too complex for a young audience. It’s a veeery niche producy.

2 Likes

I think this is an agree to disagree point for me. As a parent Dreams is very similar to Roblox in that it has a collection of generic fan created games designed to appeal to elementary students. There’s going to be a lot of five nights at Freddy/ Piggy content that always rises to the top of these games. It’s for the kids, as adults we’re not the target audience.

Kids play Roblox on laptops and PC’s.

Yeah iPad is definitely where my 5 year old son discovered and prefers Roblox. But when he wants help with the more difficult platformer levels he knows that we use Xbox for those levels. Controller works better for me. We use a similar method for Nintendo games. I will help him on his Switch lite for a level but if he wants me to play most of the game then we have to use the living room switch so I can use a real controller.

I have a question that maybe you guys could help me with. What age should you give a kid his first PC? They use iPads at school and home but he’s never used a pc before. My wife says it’s a waste of time and money because kids don’t use pc anymore. I don’t want to deprive him of technology but I also think my wife makes a good point that his generation doesn’t use computers.

And I got it as the most expensive paperweight in my living room. Literally zero games installed and the only one I want to play I need to set up a spreadsheet program in order to play it since its imported.

Animated GIF

2 Likes

What exactly were you expecting from PlayStation 5 when it’s your secondary console and for exclusives only? I don’t get it. This is exactly what Xbox One was for me last generation. 8 played games. 5 completed. Which is why it was second for a reason. lol. I would assume that PS5 for you this generation will be the same as what Xbox One was for me last generation.

PS5 is secondary for me this gen. I completed 3 exclusives. Next is Horizon Forbidden West. As long as I get two exclusives a year (full or timed), PS5 will be the best secondary console I have ever owned. lol

And congratulations to Sony for finally beating out Nintendo in NPD and ending that damn 33 month streak.

1 Like

I usually play some jrpg’s that are exclusive by default and not because of anything Sony does but those have been MIA also.

Did you play Final Fantasy VII Remake? That’s probably the only one exclusive right now.