PlayStation 5 |OT| This SSD has no limits

It makes Apple a ton of money, but then again Apple makes a lot of money from everything.

It is but not due to Apple’s own productions? Like they just make massive profit with like 0 of the risk since they dont make any expensive games and just take a cut off everything else.

4 Likes

Yeah from suckers who keep buying rehashed overpriced phones every year.

For what’s bascially a text/twitter/check time and weather device device

Apparently apple makes more money from games than Xbox and playstation combined, yet they treat gaming like trash :joy:

Power of the mobile market

It’s not surprising: mobile is more than half of the whole gaming market and Apple literally owns half of it (there is no escape on iOS from their store, it’s the Tim Sweeney battle), moreover they don’t do shit outside providing the store with its draconian rules, so it’s a parassitary business, no costs, big revenue.

2 Likes

We are talking gaming revenue

They simply do so beecause install base is 5-6 times high

Although, the avg per person expenditure is highest on consoles

Just to defend iPhone a bit. If you have kids the combination of iCloud and the camera are a good reason to justify Apple. I think I would be okay with switching away from Apple but my kid and wife would never allow it lol. Also they use iPads at school now, Apple is ubiquitous and the default device for the new generation.

I get what you’re saying. I’m more talking about the people who get the latest iPhone every year, like an obsession

It’s become more like jewelry for some people

How has Media Molecule not been shuttered?

why?

Dreams was their only in-house project of significance in the last decade. It flopped, but they continue to double down on it. That’s the weird part, though. For a studio seemingly laser focused on this singular project, there are a number of oddities surrounding its support like:

• Where are all of those indie developers you were supposedly bringing on to build games in Dreams?

• Where’s the PC port of Dreams which is a platform it could actually thrive on?

• What have you been doing for the years leading up to and following Dreams’ release in which there’s next to no playable content from your own team?

Then I look at this silly “Dreamscom” event the studio held which boasted a whopping 4k views. MM finally announced some new built in Dreams games coming from them and they end up looking like college projects.

If Jimbo is willing to burry Japan Studio, I don’t think MM is safe and they frankly shouldn’t be. I’m not necessarily advocating for their closure, but I can’t give you a reason as to why they shouldn’t be canned either.

4 Likes

Probably going to be Sony Manchester studio situation . They were ignored for 5 years and when they were asked about the game , they had nothing worthwhile to show . So Sony closed them . Media Molecule seems to be in the same situation .

I really hope Sony puts some actual effort into ps now soon.

What kind of effort do you want to see? They won’t ship their blockbusters there from day one. Especially after raising prices to $ 70. The maximum that awaits this service is a greater addition of old games and possibly special deals like GamePass with a third party

They have 20 job vacancies. I don’t think they will fire anyone. And don’t compare this studio with Manchester. Media Molecule is a very famous and even in a sense a cult studio that has done a lot for Sony. And they are clearly willing to forgive her for the obvious failure of Dreams. Moreover, about half a year ago, the head of the studio said that Sony was going to invest even more money in them than before.

ok

Japan Studio was also famous and that didnt stop Sony from closing them down lol.

Media Molecule hasnt made anything that can Sony call profitable in a decade so I think some fears over their future are warranted regardless of job openings.

Man I remember how Dreams was going to revolutionize the industry and become the most important game ever made!

Meanwhile, anyone not blinded by hype could see that it was going to be embraced by a tiny niche community and everyone else would ignore it-- just like every previous make-your-own-game suite ever.