PlayStation 5 |OT| This SSD has no limits

just looking at the ff7 rebirth footage… game looks like way more effort went into than ff16 with regards to the environments and moment to moment gameplay and characters.

Definitely. Very much looking forward to this one. Looks massive.

Also, the hybrid gameplay in the FF7 Remake between action RPG but slowing down the game to a crawl to use your ATB to cast spells or use abilities seems like the best way forward for the franchise so that it’s “modern”, but with a nod to the franchise’s turn based past.

FF XVI, although I found it fun while I was playing it, seemed more like a high budget spinoff than what we’ve seen of the Remake trilogy so far. Going full on character action with only minor RPG elements was…a choice.

1 Like

Did they not start this with Strangers of Paradise? (Ok, probably before that, too.)

Full disclosure, I haven’t enjoyed a Final Fantasy game since 6 (SNES). The rest I trudged through because I was young(er?), under employed and had to make the most out of every game I bought on sale.

For me -

FF XVI was a great 8.0/10 devil may cry/bayonetta hack and slash action game with a ton of QTE’s. It was basically flash and style over substance and depth.

FF 7R was an excellent 9.0/10 RPG that is mostly real time hack and slash combat but also gives you the turn based feel when doing magic and whatnot. A perfect combination in my opinion.

Very much looking forward to Final Fantasy VII Rebirth!!!

1 Like

SoP was basically Final Fantasy Nioh, and I thought it was super fun to the point I platinumed it in about a week. That was also a spinoff though, where you can expect the gameplay to deviate from the “classic” Final Fantasy formula. 15 went with real time combat, but had an open world, with 16 straying even more into action set in what were basically seperate “levels”.

1 Like

10 posts were split to a new topic: Sony PlayStation CEO Jim Ryan stepping down In March 2024

https://x.com/shinobi602/status/1712130611312275819?s=46&t=jjXxOoE4yWMd4fG6_-MQMQ

Still find it crazy they beat Xbox to 4K steaming

1 Like

The thing is you can only stream it in 4k to PS5 consoles…

Xbox are looking much wider than that (TV’s, Phones, Web Browsers etc). If they were only interested in console only I’m sure they could hit 4K too.

I also wonder how many PS5 users have PlayStation Plus Premium compared to both Xbox One/Series users with GamePass Ultimate (that likely also plays a factor).

Oh you can’t stream 4K on your phone ?

Not currently no, the beta feedback suggested it worked well but again it was limited to console streaming (specifically the PS5 - the PS4 Pro is excluded).

EDIT: Technically what you could do is stream the game to your PS5, then stream the PS5 through Remote Play to your phone :yum:. The only issue is Remote Play is currently capped at 1080p so it would be downgraded anyway.

1 Like

Pre-ordered the digital deluxe edition for Marvel’s Spider Man 2 a little while ago. Best of all, October 20th starts my 10 day vacation. Yay me!! Hyped!!!

1 Like

You ok?

1 Like

Yeah, why?

I thought you were living off-grid, hiking a hundred miles to a store to pick up a physical copy which you then traded in :wink:

2 Likes

Hahahaha. Depends on the game. Last physical game I bought was FF XVI which I completed and then traded in to GameStop. Since then, I have bought Remnant 2 ultimate edition, Atlas Fallen and Starfield premium edition digitally. Spider Man 2 is digital. RoboCop Rogue City will be the next physical purchase followed by Banishers in February.

Through 2023, here’s my rundown for the current Xbox Series X/PlayStation 5 generation -

1. Disc - 18
  2. Digital - 17
  3. Subscription Day One - 5 (+5 upcoming which are Like a Dragon Ishin, Like a Dragon Gaiden, Avatar, Diablo IV (im waiting) and Immortals of Aveum which im waiting for to go on EA Play some time in 2024 unless I can get a disc copy new for $20 on Black Friday)

So it’s one game short of being 50/50 between physical and digital. I love the subscription setup though the most but only if it includes day one games. Wish EA would do day one for $20 a month ala Ubisoft because that I would do. I love my monthly rentals. Hehehe.

1 Like

Interesting position SONY is opening:

This couple with this:

After dataminers unearthed evidence last year that suggested Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered PC trophies might one day be a reality, we’ve been keeping our eyes and ears open for any further indication that Sony might be testing PlayStation PC trophies . Now, thanks to new evidence spotted on TrueTrophies’ very own scanners, we once more have reason to believe Sony is hard at work bringing trophies to its PS5 games library on PC.

As a part of Sony Interactive Entertainment, the Future Technology Group (FTG) is leading the cloud gaming revolution, putting console-quality video games on any device, from TVs to consoles to mobile devices an

Gives credence to my belief of Playstation following Xbox steps sooner or later.

1 Like

Stuck with AC Mirage until Spider-Man 2 releases… man I love Assassin’s Creed but I ain’t feeling this one, and it’s giving me headaches when I play it for some reason

1 Like

https://twitter.com/AlexSmitk/status/1713322399687426073?t=He6jqpqZmF60JLK2x78hSg&s=19

Yeah right :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Looking at his history he was saying it was EA a few weeks ago.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/AlexSmitk/status/1713322847181983746

i can stop here

3 Likes