PlayStation 2021 Company Earnings

Bottom line is we dont know there aquisition plans. If I had to guess though, I think they will be willing to spend about $500 million on more studios and spend another 1/2 bill for 3rd party deals over the next few years.

184mi is the amount they are increasing (for 1st/2nd/3rd party content, marketing deals, R&D etc).

With this increase the total they are going to spend this year increased to 1.3bi

2 Likes

If 184 million is a total cost for a second or third party deal, Xbox would take that offer instead of buying studios. I heard Colin Moriarty say this - 3rd party exclusivity is priced in the range of 30 to 50M (on Gameondaily) per game. So, 184M won’t add up that way.

184M might just be other internal costs.

2 Likes

So, anyone knows how much PS made this last quarter?

It’s interesting to see them forecasting lower revenue in 2022, Sony everyday it feels like is relying more heavily on PS.

Samsung mobile camera sensors are gaining ground on them, their TVs still rely on LG for high end displays, their mobile divisions future still looks uncertain even though recently it looks like they have released good devices. The alpha and music/film studio look to be the only other divisions doing well.

1 Like

Are they investing this year for things only coming this year, or things for th next years as well ?

Both probably.

I wonder how much Xbox is investing in GP and third-party deals in comparison.

I would imagine a lot.

400-500 million a year in third party Game Pass content.

Source: me

2 Likes

I would say both most likely.

Ms on xbone said to have a 1bi budget early on.

Dunno how much that shrank over the generation, but between the many studios, gamepass deals and such I would be shocked if they are not past 2bi/year already

1 Like

They made 8.4 billion last quarter I believe.

I think that is because this time last year, gaming exploded due to the pandemic so Sony is probably being a tad cautious what with the supply shortages as well. Microsoft is doing something similar as well.

Sony dominating as usual which is of no surprise to me.

The reason why they don’t reveal how many PS Now subscribers they have is for the same reason Microsoft doesn’t announce console sales numbers. It’s because it’s not impressive and would do more harm than good.

Every company is exactly the same. They report the great shit because it looks great for them and to stockholders and consumers while hiding/ignoring the bad shit because it wouldn’t look good for anybody.

As for Game Pass being profitable, I honestly don’t care what anyone says about it. Until Microsoft releases a statement saying that it’s profitable, it’s not and again, goes back to what I just said. If it makes the company look great, bet your ass, they will tell you. If it doesn’t, they won’t. It’s that simple.

Of course, caring about what is or isn’t profitable should only matter to Microsoft/Sony. None of their profits are going in my bank account nor am I spending tens of billions like they are.

Regardless of what it all actually is, all I personally care about is both Microsoft/Sony doing what’s better for me. Hehehe. As long as both continue to do that, all their money issues or lack there of is their problem and concern. Sure as hell isn’t mine.

1 Like

8.4 was for Q2, wanted to know about Q3 because I couldn’t see it anywhere. Q2 was the biggest ever for PS and Xbox I think.

Looking at these massive figures really makes me annoyed at the intended discontinuation PS3 and Vita stores. I know that they reversed course on that and all but look at how much money they’re making here! I feel the same way about that weird XBL Gold price hike MS tried to pull.

Why MS can buy Billion Dollar IPs and game studios

15 Billion profit

Why Sony cannot buy Billion Dollar IPs and game studios

1 Billion profit

Xbox is being pampered by Microsoft with all the Acquisitions, Gamepass, Powerful Hardware and Service support.

While,

Playstation has been asked to work his best out in the market with its Reputation, Hardware which tries to Squeeze and have to Supportthe entire Sony

15 Billion VS 1 Billion

It’s not a fair competition to be honest.

1 Like