Phil Spencer to receive lifetime achievement award

I get why they’d go with Todd as the presenter, but I would have had Aaron Greenberg come out dressed as Crash Bandicoot

23 Likes

Uncle Phil stay winning. :smiling_face_with_tear:

10 Likes

Congratulations Phil! I know the teams over at Xbox rightfully deserve a lot of praise but never sell yourself short on the impact your leadership has had on Xbox - both the organization and the community that’s part of it. Thanks for all you do!

28 Likes

Congrats! We all really appreciate you for turning things around and building a positive gaming culture. I hope we will see many more great years with you impacting gaming in a forward thinking and respectful way!

5 Likes

Huge congratulations to you and your team. What you have all done is beyond amazing, and it is just so heartwarming to see Xbox back again !

3 Likes

lol, when I posted this thread, I never would of thought the actual Xboss would make a appearance. :joy:

20 Likes

Congratulations Phil

You deserve to be honored after the good work you and your team have done over the past years

4 Likes

This is the XboxEra Forums, we do aim to be the best place to talk about Xbox y’know!

And massive congratulations Phil. Well deserved. Thanks for all the games!

24 Likes

Highly deserved Phil! Thank you for all you’ve done and it’s an honor that Xbox has you to lead them!

6 Likes

5 Likes

Congrats!

1 Like

Thanks Phil you and your team saved Xbox and have made it such an exciting time to be a Xbox gamer again. Congratulations on the award, massively deserved.

3 Likes

I know you get this constantly, but seriously, thank you. We all know the hard work you and your team put in to make Xbox such a great place to play. Congratulations and well-deserved. :clap:

Hopefully this inspires us as a community to up our “Phil meme” game. :smile:

5 Likes
8 Likes

congratulations phil!

1 Like

Congrats!

5 Likes

Congrats again Phil. It’s awesome you decided to stop by and saying something.

Give our best to everyone!

2 Likes

Congratulations on the incredibly well-deserved award, Phil. Your efforts have uplifted not only Xbox, but the industry as a whole. Thank you.

Also, it’s always lovely to see you stop by. You’re always welcome on XboxEra!

2 Likes

You are on path to become THE biggest legend in gaming. You have delivered on every single promise even when I had doubts at certain points. Never in a million years would I have believed any person could convince MS to go all in on gaming. Let alone make them spend 70B on a single publisher. But you did that. You’re a visionary. All that remains is delivering the best games in the industry across every genre and gamepass will reach its goals.

Just some personal feedback: PLEASE keep an eye on Asobo & IOI. 2 of the most underrated studios out there. If they’re willing to sell at any point, it would be an amazing get. Also please focus on overseas marketing. Fifa is as big as Call of Duty yearly and it’s associated with PS here in Europe. I rarely see any Xbox marketing. Soccer is the biggest sport here and champions league is the biggest individual sporting event and all i see is Sony PlayStation commercials. If you wanna appeal to 3B gamers, you need strong marketing. Not just in USA/UK only. My final feedback. I know you’re not a fan of licensed IP but the value of a quality popular IP game is bigger than anything else. We’ve seen the effect Spiderman has had on the revenue and engagement it has created for Sony, it far outweighs the cost for licensing it. People that aren’t even into gaming become gamers for some licensed IPs. A quality game like The Mandalorian would bring in so many customers. I hope you’re open to it. Thanks for everything @XboxP3

3 Likes

Congrats Phil

1 Like