Phil Spencer shares intent to honour all previous agreements and desire to keep Call of Duty on PlayStation

I think he is saying COD could be multi platform game. while rest of ACTI/Blizzard games would be exclusives.

Diablo, WOW, StarCraft, doesn’t have community on PS.

their other games are not big social game as COD

1 Like

Put GP ads inside COD Game :phil_lmao: :phil_lmao:

3 Likes

I see.

Personally as a gamer I would love if the bargaining chip is used to give Xbox either back games or have them slow down or cease those timed exclusivity deals which in turn makes us miss out on big games, Sony’s been really going overboard with those. Or even making a deal that Xbox gets to play Spidey too. But that latter one is probably a bridge too far for Sony. Either way I hope Xbox uses CoD as a bargaining chip to the fullest.

4 Likes

Yeah…and there’s so much damned opportunity with those. I posted something about that on Twitter. Starcraft and Warcraft don’t have console presence but they are huge worldwide IPs with brand recognition regardless. Doing spinoffs that would appeal to console players, (like Starcraft Ghost), have immense potential. I believe Diablo will become exclusive…if not with 4, then Diablo 5. Crash will be exclusive. If they do single-player Overwatch games, those will be exclusive. Xbox will continue to load up on console exclusives while they leave a Trojan Horse on PlayStation. It’s having their cake and eating it too…or at least as close as you’ll get.

4 Likes

Really we have to wait on this, The decision have not set in the stone yet. this is only for COD as for the rest IPs i expect it fully exclusives.

1 Like

Diablo 4 is exclusive for next year, imo they would cancel PS Version.

1 Like

I can’t imagine Phil not at least having thought of asking Sony to bring back FF. It was he that made it a point to have big Japanese games come back to Xbox or come to Xbox for the first time. It’s not that there’s a huge market for it on Xbox, but he did it anyway and the people are thankful for that.

Then came Sony and decided FFXIII and XV was enough for Xbox, sigh. I bet Sony wouldn’t even think twice if they had to undo that for CoD.

1 Like

Warzone stays on Playstation. COD multiplayer goes free to play with battlepass etc.

COD Campaign and Zombies etc goes Xbox exclusive for £60 and free to play in gamepass. COD DLC is 3 months early on Xbox and free in Gamepass Ultimate.

it’s fine if happens(COD Multiplatform) tbh now more exclusives games are coming from Acti studios.

Diablo 4 fall 2023/2024

toys for bob one of studios could have a game in 2025/2026.

the rest of studios needs time.

End of the day, Final Fantasy being exclusive doesn’t drastically alter much. Sony has had such a stranglehold on the genre that Japanese RPG fans have PlayStations regardless. If Microsoft is using CoD as leverage, I don’t think Final Fantasy would be where they spend that leverage. I really believe making crossplay better benefits them from a business standpoint more now that they own CoD.

2 Likes

Yeah you’re right. Another big deal would be them asking for Xbox to get Spider-Man and Wolverine too. But I think that would be something Sony says no to, sadly.

I don’t see them asking to trade exclusives. Sony would never open that Pandora’s Box. Microsoft leaving CoD wouldn’t be them doing Sony a favor. It would only happen due to protecting the value of the IP or other strategic advantages…IMO.

Anyone who thinks this is Microsoft being nice or being the “good guy”…obviously missed the part where Bethesda RPGs were going Xbox exclusive. lol

1 Like

If gamepass comes to PC you can play xbox exclusives on a PC then why do you need an xbox?

btw I desire a Ferrari very much.

i think it’s fair to think like that because if this was Sony then xbox owners would dream to have COD Again

You don’t become a $2 trillion company by being ‘a nice guy.’ It’s one of the biggest myths about Xbox.

The fact we are having these conversations though just shows that the conversation has flipped from the Zenimax purchase where it was " Xbox needs PlayStation" to now it is PlayStation needing Xbox and Sony is going to have to bend the knee to whatever Microsoft is after.

3 Likes

Yeah, you got a point there.

As for the previous post. It’s true that FF going back to Xbox wouldn’t do a whole lot, except make the few of us happy, lol, but what about some big third party deals insiders have been saying we haven’t seen the last of? Let’s not forget Sony was close to having Starfield as a timed exclusive and I would be willing to bet for at least two years too. It’s just me as a gamer hoping this stuff will cease, but like you said…CoD is probably not used for this.

Yikes I just heard someone say they can combat COD missing from PlayStation by having exclusive skins you can buy in games like Fortnite but you can only buy them on PlayStation… I guess that’s one way to cope with it.

I won’t disagree with the second statement. If Sony had the capabilities to put Xbox into the ground they would. They were trying. They were attempting to replicate the PS2 era where they locked exclusives long enough to bury everyone else. I believe Sony wanted to kill Xbox and if they had CoD…bye, bye.

I’m just saying Microsoft doing what they’ll do isn’t because they’re trying to be nice. It’s strategic. Their insane investment into gaming is focused on a much bigger industry than console only. Console will be included…but their 10 year plan includes more than I think we can comprehend right now. They’ll never make up these investments within the console space alone. Not in 10 years. Maybe not ever.

2 Likes

lol nah just early zombie dlc/maps would do the job

They’re trying to say having a Aloy skin in Fortnite exclusively on PS5 will be enough to replace COD on PS5 lol. Now they’re also saying Sony should go out and pay for 1 year exclusive deals on more 3rd party games and 30 days isn’t enough…

They keep downplaying how big COD and always use examples like Apex but ignores war zone lol

5 Likes