Phil Spencer: Bethesda will be critical for XBOX's future

Did you even read my post at all I literally said that the live services will be multi platform

Wasn’t arguing, just reiterated and expanded on what I thought lol

1 Like

Lol all good

While I agree it’s likely, it’s not a guarantee they’re doing an MMO again.

Yea they would have to change the name which is likely

1 Like

No matter the outcome one thing the Bethesda deal has exposed is the arrogance and hypocrisy of a certain set of console fans.

The Arrogance is thinking that Xbox could not possibly survive without the Sony fanbase to sell to. What kind of BS is that? The gaming world does not revolve around Sony and it’s fanbase no matter how much they think it does. Their was a huge gaming industry before Sony entered it and their will be a huge gaming industry when Sony exits it. MS was in the PC gaming business before Sony entered the gaming market. They don’t need Sony’s player base to survive or justify this Bethesda deal.

The hypocrisy is all the times that people said they had cutting edge PC’s and because Xbox did not have real exclusives anyway they didn’t need to buy an Xbox. If all these people really had top notch gaming PC’s why are they begging, bargaining and flipping their shit trying to justify why MS might put Bethesda games on the PS5? It has fully exposed years of their bullshit and also showed the warchest that they mocked for so long was 100% true.

For Xbox gamers we can sit back and enjoy the shit show, cause at the very least we are getting every new Bethesda game day one on gamepass after any current exclusive deal expires and we won’t have to worry about Sony swooping in and fucking things up with timed Exclusives on Bethesda games anymore.

11 Likes

I agree, it is like when anything xbox exclusive related thing is announced, the first thing the same old suspects ask is whether or not or when it is coming to PS or why they chose xbox given the sony playerbase, sometimes even before caring to ask about what the game is about, it is ridiculous how arrogant they are. It is like it is not allowed something not to be on PS.

I hope MS makes good use of Bethesda to grow its platform and gamepass first and foremost and this is why I think the heavy hitters will be exclusive. Even in this case those old PS worshipers that doesn’t even give the right of Xbox to exist will get the opportunity of playing without an Xbox console. If it was the other way around you could forget accessing these games whitout a ps console, and the sad part is that the most of these whiners would have called a day, be happy and living well with their hypocrisy.

2 Likes

Its okay, that narrative will flip in my opinion this gen. After xcloud and gamepass are on billions of devices and get over a hundred million on gamepass, why worry about the hassel of putting games on Playstation.

Honestly the only way I can see the games on PS consoles is if Sony allows Game Pass on their console. I could easily see MS try and make Sony the bad guy by saying well we want to allow you to play these games but Sony is stopping it from happening. In all honesty I think it’s probably a smart move in the end because some people seem to be very against owning a Xbox and only want to buy a PS console. Sony would get a cut of the sub and won’t have to worry about their fans buying a Xbox and spending their money elsewhere.

I think Game Pass is literally the thing they care about the most, I don’t think they care at all really about console sales, for example if MS could choose between 100M console sales or 100M Game Pass subscribers they would pick the latter.

But who knows, MS could easily get the same amount of subs from PC and mobile users most likely so they could skip them completely. This is just all guess work really, but make no mistake Game Pass is the 100% focus for them.

2 Likes

if yall haven’t watched this video, you should. Parris is cool and was spittin facts after facts in this and I mirror many of the thoughts I’ve had about the deal as well.

2 Likes

Yes if they were going to bring zenimax games to PS5 they would also bring sea of thieves, gears5 etc to the ps5, to test the waters. It makes no sense to put starfield on ps5 but not sea of thieves considering its an mmo.

1 Like

Imagine if Activision got them! Ugh!

I never want to think about that again!

Adding to this,

I see xCloud as a funnel.

People play for $15 on mobile → like it → buys a console or PC

1 Like

Yup I can easily see people playing on mobile and liking it then buy a new Series X|S for the TV at home.

Or just use the app on their tv or buy an “xbox stick”

1 Like

I really enjoyed this interview and it’s obvious that Phil won’t be saying much more until the deal is done.

I have a hard time understanding the belief that future Bethesda games will come to other platforms outside of the Xbox ecosystem (Xbox, PC, Xcloud). Microsoft never would have spent the amount of money they did to maintain the status quo.

When Phil speaks of making games more accessible or available to players, he’s talking about their own ecosystem which will essentially let you play the Game Pass library on your console, PC, and mobile device at home or on the go. We’ve also heard about Game Pass apps being pre-loaded with new televisions.

I really don’t think his availability comments mean making their games available on the PS5. Once the deal is done, Bethesda instantly becomes the biggest developer under Xbox Game Studios. I’m not sure how people can expect Starfield or the Elder Scrolls to go multi-platform on one hand while Halo and Gears and Forza remain exclusive on the other.

I don’t care either way, but these games are going exclusive. They will continue to support ESO and Fallout 76 on other platforms and they will honor other releases that have been announced already (Deathloop).

I’m just happy to be a gamer in the Xbox ecosystem.

1 Like