Phil Spencer: Bethesda will be critical for XBOX's future

Yep, it makes no sense to put them on PS. Sony is always playing dirty, and they don’t care if Xbox is trying to be the nice guy. That shit doesn’t work. Xbox should have more confidence, throw the gloves off and believe their own ecosystem is enough to attract new players (it is). I want to see some powerful confidence. Not this submissive shit.

3 Likes

Oh wow, I didn’t know ESO had a paid monthly subscription fee. Is Fallout 76 the same? Either way, having both in Game Pass would be $5 cheaper every month and even if they were put in Ultimate, you’re still getting everything else that’s included in Ultimate.

It’s optional subs for benefits ingame.

I heard some rumors (from insider on resetera forum) about next Arkane’s game: It should be set on vampire world

Oh okay. Would be cool to see if they were to include the benefits if the game gets added to Game Pass/Ultimate.

Woohooo…oh wait, all those guys are wrong literally 99.9% of the time. lmao.

3 Likes

Yeah that would be nice for Ultimate.

Damn, now that sounds like something I want to see.

But also Prey 2, please, please…let there be a sequel.

1 Like

Ah, did not realize it was optional.

Yep

Outside of MMO titles, I don’t see other Bethesda games on Switch or PS5. There are a few options to play these games if you really want: X|S, Win 10 store, Steam or xCloud.

If Game Pass model gives teams freedom to make games they want, it’s clear that commercial success of titles isn’t THAT much important. So, why they need to sell more? The key is great games on service published as often as possible. This is how you keep subs and generate money.

3 Likes

I could see where even Bethesda games might come to other “consoles” but not other “streaming platforms”

In the future all Bethesda games will be exclusive to Xcloud, and will never be available on Stadia or Luna, so if you’re in India or Japan or Scotland or wherever you want to play the new Elder Scrolls and you’re not a console gamer there is only one streaming service that you can sub to gamepass or buy it digitally to start streaming it.

Microsoft has a huge advantage and lead to become the biggest gaming platform and in 10 years if they’re at 500 million monthly active users all devs would be insane to not develop their games for the xbox platform, they have to go where the users are.

The way I see it, Elder Scrolls Online & Fallout 76 can continue to receive updates on PlayStation. They’re MORPGs that already exist on the console. It would be a bit of a dick move to cut off the people who play them.

Anything else from the studios under the Bethesda/Zenimax umbrella though, including possible future sequels to those titles? Xbox console exclusive all the way.

There is not one single reason why anything else should release on PlayStation, or any rival console for that matter. Like all Xbox games, they will be accessible on multiple devices anyway.

3 Likes

I feel like even the MMOs will be exclusive. Look at PSO2 and the upcoming PSO2: New Genesis for example. That was an MMO made exclusive to Xbox, still with no mention of other platforms. If they make an MMO like that exclusive, I feel like they’ll make Bethesda’s own MMOs exclusive as well. I think they will still continue to support ESO and Fallout 76 on PlayStation though. But future MMOs will probably stay exclusive.

2 Likes

Prey 2017 was a amazing game. Is in my top 5 of last gen. It even ends on a “cliffhanger” I hope gamepass makes a sequel possible.

I have to see it… if there is one thing I dont like Vampires and Zombies :no_mouth:

A setting for me is not the one deciding factor but plays into it.

Dying Light is a freaking awesome game regardless. Gameplay is sublime and parcour is the best it has ever been.

If arkane makes a brilliant game I can oversee a boring setting imo

I would rather have to then a Prey 2 from them cause that game wasnt good

Prey was a masterpiece. What exactly is not good about it?

Do you not like it?

I hate the game I liked the orginal Prey alot more just wasnt for me

Fair enough