Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis update: expansion Sandstorm Requiem out today(12/15/21)

So I don’t understand.

I have a 75 GIG update for PSO2. Is this NewGen? The store says I already have it and I’ve queued it up, but I don’t see it?

Is PSO2 Vanilla and PSO2 NewGen the same download?

I’ll have to see for myself, but I think they’re the same download, yeah. Because I’m searching for base PSO2, but I only see New Genesis. It also says I already own it. And in New Genesis, you can switch seamlessly between base PSO2 and New Genesis, so it’s possible this is arriving as just an update to the game rather than a separate game.

Man Con-fus-ing!

1 Like

Also is this X|S enhanced in any way?

Not seeing it show up during the patch download for NewGen, but the patch for ESO shows at X|S optimized.

I could have sworn NewGen was X|S optimized.

I don’t think it is. I only see a One X enhancement.

My PSO2 seems to have upgraded into NGS and it was only about a 5 gb download. Also, the NGS achievements are up. They are part of the PSO2 list. There isn’t many. Looks pretty easy

2 Likes

My Xbox app won’t let me pre-load this! :sob:

Alright, got it downloaded. Looks like it’s just an update to PSO2 rather than a separate game on the store. Pretty excited to play this tomorrow!

1 Like

How is this STILL downloading?

It’s like 80 Gigs!

Thats awful from Sega. Just release it as a seperate game. Why are you forcing people to download PSO2 which is like fucking 70GB by itself. Well my interest just sort of waned. Especially with Ninja Gaiden coming out a day later. I have no interest in wasting space for PSO2 again. I’ll wait for reviews of New Genesis before downloading and maybe wait to play it after a few launch patches.

1 Like

The full thing is 80 GB. Which is actually less than what it originally was. So I don’t see the problem, they just want people to be able to transfer seamlessly from PSO2 and New Genesis which I think is a nice thing to do.

I guess. I’m hoping I can go to NG right away and not deal with PSO2 again.

I hope people leave impressions here. My main concerns are the bloated interface and menu design.

Have the servers been down the whole day?

What server is the XboxEra server?

Servers are up. Game is fun so far but I keep getting kicked.

Does the game have an offline mode?

Nope. Online only.

Same. I never got passed main menu. I’ll try again in a few days

Thats fine but if it has server issues kind of pointless

Either way i’m curious to try this but won’t be until after next week. Too much going on.

It’s nice when it isn’t lagging. Servers are getting shmacked right now.

1 Like