Persona 3 Portable, 4 Golden, and 5 Royale Coming to Xbox Consoles, Cloud, and PC

6 more days…hust booting this up on xbox will be fucking Surreal

People who have played p5 will know what im talking about…the menu design is one of the best. This game Ooozes class and style.

2 Likes

Kind of overwhelmed already, thinking about looking up some guides/tips online, but I’m really excited ! The time has come !

Theres info on the latter stages to avoid missing out on Royal content. I think someone posted it on this topic. Its spoiler Free.

Other than that…I recommend just using the test answers as a guide to make sure you maximise your knowledge points. You can just reload a save if you get an answer wrong though.

I woulnd’t recommend using any other guides unless you’re stuck on strategies for boss fights.

One of the biggest problems people have playing Persona for the first time(mainly 4 and 5) is Anxiety over maximising points before the game ends but seriously…don’t worry too much. First playthrough just do what you want and just keep note of what you need to do before a certain date for Royal content is hard to miss even if you don’t know about it due to how much points you gain.

Now If yo uwant you can follow points guide but that will limit your freedom in the sort of characters you want to interact with more and the relationships you want.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Can’t Believe we are here…from Jez’s and Nicks Tweets from 18 months ago…to now this. Just few days away from Release. Wow. What a long time and long wait. But worth it. I’ve had a few other games i would absolute love ported to Xbox(Nioh 1 and 2) but P5R was #1. And Phil made that happen. Thanks Phil. And I hope anyone who plays this enjoys it. Any first timers as well(not just this forum but on Xbox period) who may play this and fall in love with Persona like I did after 4 Golden. TRuly an amazing series.

3 Likes

I was about 1/3 done the game on PS5, but def going to move onto the gamepass version of the game.

Ohhh yess!!

6 Likes

There are those who said this day would never come. What are they to say now.

2 Likes

Now they are saying that Persona 6 is Playstation exclusive

3 Likes

Hmm would MS be marketing this so hard if they weren’t sure they were getting Persona 6?

There were probably people saying “Xbox is getting Yakuza 0 but Yakuza 7 will still be PS exclusive”

4 Likes

True, but until the game is announced some people will believe that Persona 6 is Playstation exclusive. That entitlement to exclusive japanese games is very annoying.

It’s ATLUS. Trusting them is foolish imo.:joy:

4 Likes

I mean the worse case scenario for P6 is a year exclusivity for ps5. Thats it. This game is coming to series for sure. Now should theu bother with switch or wait for switch 2…thats a bigger question

At this stage I think Persona 6 should not be even a time exclusive. If it is a time exclusive than it is a big oversight from Phil and co. They can adapt ahead of regulators yet cannot adapt ahead of moneyhats :joy:

It’s technically not Atlus because they’ve already said Sega is the one porting Persona, not Atlus. Soul Hackers 2 on Xbox and PC is also an outsource job. Sega will drag Atlus into multiplat kicking and screaming. I guess if Sony pays a lot for it, but they’ve never cared really cared about Persona, they just got it exclusively for free. It would be a first, them paying for it.

1 Like

It would entirely depend on when the deal was made (assuming there is one).

I mean, a timed exclusivity deal on a Japanese franchise that has previously (even if recent) gone multiplat wouldn’t surprise me in any way.

I guess Atlus is a really small studio. It seems to be the case for a lot of studios.

I don’t understand how Sony is able to make such deals many years in advance.

So something to put a bug in people’s ears about Persona 6.

It could end up being both exclusive and not at the same time. This gets into some stuff I know about Sony’s and Microsoft’s general contracts, but I could seriously see the following situation happening. There is also some precedent for this happening, though the games that did this escape my brain right now.

• Persona 6 launches in Japan exclusive to PlayStation
  • 3 to 6 months later it launches in US, UK, EMEA on PlayStation and Xbox
  • It never comes to Xbox in Japan

Right now, I would look at SH2 and P5R coming to Xbox with such gusto and promotion as being a good sign for Xbox getting Persona 6 at least at launch in US/UK/EMEA in tandem with PlayStation. MS clearly wants to build a better relationship with Atlus and my bet is all the great advertising we are seeing is coming exclusively out of Microsoft’s wallet. Most likely they have sales/GamePass targets around P5R that will greatly influence if not already signed into contracts related to ability to get Persona 6 at launch.

In other words, if you want Persona 6 at launch on Xbox, play it there. Beat it there. Encourage others to do the same. There is likely already metrics being tracked that will influence P6’s future.

1 Like

It should not be a consumer’s responsibility, but Microsoft’s to bring the content to the platform.

I don’t see Microsoft doing that. They want to grow Xbox in Asia and Xbox One decimated that heavily and for the last couple of years they have been seriously restoring that stuff and I don’t see them allowing that to happen anymore. They don’t even have Monster Hunter on Xbox One in Asia. I don’t see the same happening with Persona and Xbox Series.

I have been saying for ages - Microsoft should heavily cripple Playstation’s position in Japan by any means necessary.

I believe this release will be something to watch as it is clear that Xbox sees this as an opportunity to expand the market. Remember how they say Xbox is only for western market. With all the ads and such, this could be the moment they say “look at us now. We too love eastern games!”