Peripheral Regrets

Hi all, So I have had a few controllers that I’ve liked the look of over the years, but have for whatever reason, be it lack of funds etc… I’ve not picked them up.

There is still one that haunts me to this very day and I’m so gutted that I never managed to grab it when it was available , it is this beauty

*Drools The worst part is I ordered it and it sat on order for 3 days before their customer service sent me a cancellation email and I was heartbroken.

So what about you lot, any purchases you regret not going for or even any that you wish you hadn’t made?

1 Like

I kinda regret not getting a Razor Atriox, which was on sale in Canada a couple of Months ago.

The price was really good at 125 Canadian.

1 Like

I had to search what that was lol. A very nice looking fightstick, the customisable part sent a wave of terror through me though haha

The reason that I didn’t get it was I am not so committed to Fighting games.

That said, I have been thinking of starting a custom fight stick project, and put my tools in good use.

1 Like

I like fighting games but I’m nowhere near competent enough to even consider using a fightstick. Making your own one would be awesome but I’m nit kidding when I say the thought of it alone stresses me out lol.

Ah the Sea of Thieves controller is beautiful. I bought 2, one for use and one for display.

My best purchase though is the Gears 5 Xbox One X. That thing is damn good looking irl. Here is my regret though, I should have bought the external HDD with the Gears-theme to go with it…

1 Like

The one peripheral I ALWAYS wanted but was too young to get since it was so expensive…was this baby:

Steel Battalion for the Xbox

I mean, look how badass this was: https://youtu.be/wY8yXkpXuf4

4 Likes

Show off! :wink: I honestly hate that I didn’t chase the issue up more. It’s such a gorgeous controller.

Yes, it’s a beautiful console. Although I don’t own it, it has to be one of my favourite console designs ever.

1 Like

The fact I didn’t pick up one of the SoT controllers haunts me in my sleep lol

1 Like

I used to see this in one of my locals stores as a kid too and I was too young to even consider it. Always wanted to play it, all those buttons made my child mind run crazy with thoughts on how it must work lol. It really was a crazy peripheral.

1 Like

It has barnacles on it and glows faintly in the dark… It’s so damn cool.

1 Like

You and I both, although I’m glad I’m not the only one :wink:

Stop it! No need to rub it in :wink:

1 Like

I am sorry that I missed xbox x cyberpunk edition. God knows I’ve tried to get one, in my country it never came and by the time I was talking on the phone to microsoft europe, even they could not secure one for me.

This beauty would sit proudly where my day1 scorpio edition sits right now

btw, Hello xboxera world

2 Likes

I bought the Nintendo Uforce, Sega CD and Sega 32X. Trash!!!

1 Like

Welcome! I know I’ll take some stick for this, but I never liked the look of the Cyberpunk console. It sucks that you missed out though, I do know that pain!

1 Like

Someone is literally giving one away in the Buy/Sell thread on Era

1 Like

I actually have that Sea Of Thieves controller, despite not having the game. I stopped using it after a while though, because it constantly disconnected for some reason.

1 Like

Is the Sea of Thieves controller straight up turning off randomly common, I have the same issue. It’s not the same as my usual wireless interference I get with every Xbox controller where it freaks out then resyncs after 10 seconds at random depending on 5ghz traffic around me. (wish Microsoft would just pick a better wireless standard or just make it more robust it’s the only thing that makes me eye the DualSense with adapter combo)

Since Mad Catz went bankrupt those instruments are not being made anymore, so the prices for the used ones skyrocketed.

I got the game + a guitar used for R$ 1200 in my country, while I got a Guitar Hero III + guitar for R$ 200 around a decade ago. But the drums are insanely hard to find, and even when I do it is bundled with the other instruments for around R$ 4000.

1 Like

That has never happened to me with any of my Xbox controllers…and I have a lot. Strange.