Papa Phil has blessed you with a blank cheque to revive one IP for Xbox game studios. What is the IP and which studio do you give it to?

I would give that blank check to Bonehead studios to remake pong.

Think I could do that for a billion.

Failing Phil Spencer taking that most righteous of courses, I suppose that a Shadowrun RPG title by obsidian would be good, or some action based version by the coalition.

Has already been confirmed.

https://twitter.com/IdleSloth84/status/1304580936424738816?s=19

1 Like

Not sure if it counts as a revival since it had a recent release, but Iā€™d love to give Shenmue 4 the proper budget and talent it deserves.

Would also love to reboot and continue the Advent Rising and Breakdown games. Both had amazing stories and potential that was sadly lost when they didnā€™t get a sequel.

Thatā€™s for the remake of the first game but I do hope after they finish the remake of Panzer Zwei, they do tackle Panzer Sage. Would be amazing.

IP owned by Insomniac and now, Sony. In fact, owning the IP was one of the key factors why Insomniac even made the game for Xbox because they allowed them to keep the IP while Sony wanted to own it, and now they do lol

Iā€™m not sure who would make it, but I would like to see Conker revived. I could see it working if they move a bit away from the crude humor and have it tonally be like the Cornetto trilogy (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, and Worldā€™s End). The humor would come from the characters and how they react to the situations, while the underlying plot and action are played fairly straight to the tropes that they are parodying. Iā€™d also maybe throw in a bit of Deadpool with Conker being genre-savvy and breaking the forth wall as well as escalating some of the violence to comically absurd levels.

Halo to classic Bungieā€¦?

Just let it go lmao Does classic Bungie even exist anymore? And whatā€™s the guarantee theyā€™ll do any better job with the IP after leaving it behind for more than a decade for a live service looter shooter?

From what Iā€™ve heard and read, the very reason Bungie left Xbox was because they didnā€™t want to be forced to Halo anymore, now you think theyā€™d wanna do that again and somehow magically everything about the game today shall be better because of what they did back then?

Chill, that was a joke.

1 Like

Next gen Massive Chalice with a nice budget to flesh it out and gussy it up would be amazing.

1 Like

Hereā€™s a deep cut for you all. Urban Assault, by 343. Keep the concept (strategy game where you take control of individual vehicles or soldiers) but ditch the lore and make a completely new setting, factions etc.

Could also see an interesting hybrid coop game mode where one person handles production/strategy and others are dedicated pilots.

Yeah I know about the original Panzer Dragoon, but I was talking about Saga (the RPG). And Iā€™m not holding my breath unfortunately :slightly_frowning_face:

Road Rash done by playground. Probably my second favourite series on megadrive behind streets of rage.

For me, no brainer reboots would be

• Banjo
  • Otogi
  • Lost Odyssey
  • Shadowrun
  • Mech Warrior

These are EASY wins for MS. That being said, their teams should just build what they enjoy Iā€™m sure weā€™ll be equaliy blown away by the output.