Papa Phil has blessed you with a blank cheque to revive one IP for Xbox game studios. What is the IP and which studio do you give it to?

absolutely YES

Otogi reboot by Fromsoftware

1 Like

There’s all kinds of older titles I liked that I would like to see reborn:

• River Raid
  • Wing Commander
  • Descent
  • Tribes
  • Battlezone
  • MechAssault
  • Crimson Sky
  • 1 vs 100

But I really just want a fully fleshed out open-world Sneak King for $3 with my Angry Whopper.

1 Like

First, he’s my uncle and now he’s my papa?

…MechAssault

I would get Banjo Kazooie properly rebooted by the lord’s at Rare or Double Fine. Its about time Phil!

Some others:

Shadowrun, Open World RPG - inXile, yes I genuinely think they would do it better Conker - Double Fine

Voodoo Vince all day! Give it to Double Fine!

1 Like

I would love to see Sunset Overdrive 2 by Double Fine.

2 Likes

That would be amazing, the Otogi games were so unique. I don’t know if From wants to make exclusives anymore (after Sekiro doing really good sales wise and Elden Ring probably doing even better) but any collaboration with From would be a megaton and I’d love to see Miyazaki on stage at an Xbox event.

My choice will be the above or giving a blank cheque to Itagaki and Valhalla Studios to make a Ninja Gaiden spiritual successor. We don’t see many character action games with AAA budgets anymore so that would be a dream come true for me.

2 Likes

I think jet force Gemini would be good, it was ahead of its time with multiple playable characters with different abilities.

2 Likes

I would buy the commandos IP from Kalypso and develop an old school AAAA commandos game by… INXILE.

Yeah I am the only one who wants this lol.

2 Likes

That sounds freakin’ badass! now I want this to happen too! :nerd_face:

Alpha Protocol developed by The Coalition.

Crimson Skies 2.

not shooting for the stars

a DLC expansion for the next Forza Horizon

2 Likes

Well since Shadowrun made by Obsidian has already been mentioned, i would take my check to Sega and Team Reptile and make a new Jet Set Radio. Or, again take my check to Sega and Blupoint studios for a Panzer Dragoon Saga remake that would ultimately lead into an all new Panzer Dragoon game made by Groundling Inc/Asobo.

KOTOR and i’d give it to CD Projekt Red

That too would be beautiful.

I mentioned PGR up above which is highly unlikely. More likely, however, is Mech Assault. We know Microsoft has been trying to work through the legal licensing issues and is on record for wanting to bring that franchise back. On that note, I really hope that when Mech Assault returns, it does so as a full fledged, big AAA game and not as a smaller fan service offering. The Battletech universe for which Mech Assault and Mech Warrior are based on has a lot of backstory and lore. It’s an IP that can exist both as a substantial campaign and fit in well in today’s GAAS environment. Imagine them actually fulfilling that Crackdown physics dream with fully destructible cities and Mechs. It’s probably the Microsoft’s IP with the most total potential to become a new pillar.

Titanfall 3, and Dead Space 4.

I revive Sega and then start pumping out crazy taxi 4, jet set radio 3 (future 2), virtua fighter 6, skies of arcadia 2, sonic mania/generations 2, nights into dreams 2, Billy hatcher 2, sonic/Sega all star racing 2, shining wisdom/shining force 3/shining of the holy ark (shining saturn collection)

Im sure they have plenty more IPs I love, that I want to see return too :frowning:

1 Like