Papa Phil has blessed you with a blank cheque to revive one IP for Xbox game studios. What is the IP and which studio do you give it to?

For example :

I would for save Golden Sun from the purgatory that is Camelot and give it to Rare to revive as a third person action RPG.

Keep the source material and do a 1/2 remake for the first game but it plays like the newer Final Fantasy games. The next games go into tangents following the families and offspring of the main protagonists Isaac and Felix

I know this will never happen but it’s nice to dream :slight_smile:

1 Like

Never been a huge fan of the main entries (rail shooters), but I would kill for a remake/remaster/reboot of Panzer Dragoon Saga.

And I would assign it to the japanese/asian studio that is rumored to join XGS at some point… Hopefully…

4 Likes

Shadowrun I loved this game on the 360 when they showed the trailer at e3 I was hooked

5 Likes

Fallout to Obsidian for either New Vegas 2 or a different Fallout game.

1 Like

Jade Empire develope by Obsidian. They know how to make sequels from another developer (Kotor2, Fallout NV).

6 Likes

Not as keen on reviving old IPs as some people, but my dream would be to give Conkers Bad Fir Day to Tim Schafer and Doublefine studios

Also, if it wasnt for the recemt revival, i would have liked Studio MDHD (cuphead guys) to do a battletoads game

Probably not super popular but I’d love a new Massive Chalice :grin:

1 vs 100, and I’d give it to the GamePass Marketing Team. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Blank cheque you say? Ok then. I give Halo to Bungie and Respawn. Let 343 work on a new IP.

1 Like

Yup. Shadowrun RPG by Obsidian period.

4 Likes

Stubbs the Zombie sequel made by Double Fine would be pretty sweet!

1 Like

Project Gotham Racing!!! Greatest racing game of all time!

Shadowrun RPG or Mech Assault would be pretty incredible as well.

3 Likes

MechAssault by Coalition.

1 Like

Viva goddamn Piñata. All day everyday.

1 Like

Well they are already reviving my two most wanted dormant IPs with Age and Flight Sim. Uhh maybe Asheron’s Call? Although not sure they even own that IP, maybe they just published it. Wouldn’t mind another big fantasy MMO from Microsoft though.

And well, no one does those better than Blizzard.

Perfect Dark. To The Initiative (SP) and The Coalition (MP).

And something that it’s not going to happen : Star Wars KOTOR 3 to Obsidian.

2 Likes

Came here to say that so…yeah that.

1 Like

I’d try buying the Mass effect IP from EA and give it to Obsidian or make a new studio and try to hire most of the minds behind Mass effect 1 and 2, there’s still so much potential in that universe and I’m not sure if under EA it can ever reach it’s full potential.

Banjo.

1 Like

I’m going to exclude examples already listed that I’ve liked and 3rd party IPs I’d chew off my nails trying to pick one. So I will go with:

Crimson Skies by MSFS 2020 guru’s Asobo.

2 Likes