Overwatch |OT| Welcome to Gold Hell!

My account is finally being merged this morning. Last 2 days i was stuck with a wiped account but for some reason i had access to my strike commander 76 skin which i got by purchasing the ow1 origins edition. Since my account hadnt been merged yet i shouldnt have had access to anything obviously but for some reason that one skin was there from the beginning.

2 Likes

I’m about to jump in after work, does anyone have any up to date info on the games state? Yesterday I read people complaining about disconnects as soon as they got an achievement, and it was basically everyone, is that fixed at least?

More folks were able to get in, but some still suffer from genuine merge issues, though the crashes seem to be fixed, but the wait times are still insane.

From what I was told by others who have been playing or queuing to play: The fix is they started the queue numbers lower but you have to wait longer so it’s an illusion that it is fixed because smaller number. :roll_eyes:

Still long queue times. Started at 600 instead of 2000 but still barely moving. Now 400 in queue, but it took 30+ minutes to get from 600 to 400

Played some matches against AI to get a feel for the game again and I’m pretty sure I will be using Winston again as tank and Moira as support.

Just need to find a main DPS hero now.

I had no queue at all but I’m completely unable to find a game… not sure what’s going on.

edit: Shut the game down and opened it back up and not it won’t log me in at all, I’m getting a LC-208 error. In conclusion I’m gonna go ahead and answer my own question and say no nothing is fixed, I suggest people wait a couple more days to avoid the headache.

1 Like

Yeah, lot of Moiras in my games, so when someone is Moira on my team, she goes well with Lucio.

For dps, Souljourn is a good pick, lot of mobility and damage output. On higher level, Tracer & Sombra are the meta, crazy good right now.

I was mid gold to high gold player in OW and I got placed at Bronze 2 for my Support… :sweat_smile:

Also dont like the career profile.

1 Like

Game is a lot of fun, but I have a hot take and will say I prefer loot boxes over the battle pass/shop system

1 Like

Not a hot take. Loot boxes were superior and everyone got all the heroes day one instead of grinding or paying for them.

1 Like

I dont know what tier I am by just looking at it. I dont know how many games I lost out of my 20 games.

Yeah I know Loot boxes is a bad word among gaming community, but it def felt more fair than current system. It seems like most games you end up paying so much compared to the former system which rewarded players that were active and didn’t really have to spend much real money on loot boxes tbh.

It’s F2P now so of course monetization going to get pushed at the forefront.

Every game is going for the BP and paid skins path nowadays. It’s the best approach I think even though it’s testing your FOMO resistance. At least you can buy the stuff you missed from events now.

Overwatch should have been F2P from the start. It didn’t even makes sense back in the day.

Loot boxes were assimilated to gambling. They had to shut it down.

1 Like

I was getting annoyed by lootboxes, when you ended up always getting the same thing.

1 Like

GOD! how I missed Overwatch!! But The Season Pass (or whatever is called) rewards are crap.

Some great skins in there, not bad for $10 when those skins are upwards of $20 otherwise

2 Likes

This skin is amazing!

4 Likes

Almost Lvl 40 (got the 2200 coins for that extra 20 levels at the start, as a father of 2 time is quite limited) and I’m quite happy so far with the changes to the game, it feels quite a bit faster than OG OW and the little improvements to the graphics are noticeable imo, although it feels more esthetic than technological, as looking at the requirements on OC not much has changed there and I get 200+ fps on my WQHD monitor with everything maxxed out lol.

Only thing that sucks for newcomers or those that didn’t dedicate their lives to the previous game is that skins you could quite easily get in loot boxes from farming or coins, you now have to pay 20$, which I understand why they’re doing it, but it still feels like highway robbery to me.

Wish they’d keep the old stuff separate and easily attainable. Also, weekly quests take forever compared to something like Fortnite and don’t reward much of anything.

The game feels good to play. It is def more fast paced and in your face. There is def less of downtime where we used to build ults and push.

I like most of the new maps, they are very colourful. I am very mixed on the PUSH game mode

1 Like

17 posts were split to a new topic: Overwatch 2 | OT