Outriders to Game pass Day 1 Confirmed

it’s a meme.

I liked that it was way more hectic than The Division. You always had to be on the move.

It is a unbalanced mess but exactly this made it refreshing. I would’ve bought it later, now I play it day one :o

Amazing, that is all I have to say. Gamepass changed my entire perspective about videogames. Kudos to MS. Really wanted to play this game, liked the demo a lot.

2 Things you can bank on

1. This won’t be the last AAA 3rd party game to launch on the service
  2. If this is a Game they can day 1 with 20m subscribers, imagine which games they can day 1 when its 50m subscribers.

And 100m.

1 Like

Holy shit. This is amazing. :smiley:

@Hexer

scared simon pegg GIF by HULU

I’m in! Shaky cam be damned!

1 Like

Needless to say, Microsoft needs to fix this problem for it to be less likely for all these games to skip PC gamepass by default in the future.

1 Like

This is awesome! Xbox Game Pass is the best exclusivity.

Don Mattrick: Microsoft has a product for people who want to play Outriders without buying it. It’s called Xbox.

Oh well maybe I overreacted yesterday. Will give the full game a chance since it’s on Gamepass.

The last euro janky game that I’ve played was Elex and I loved it. Maybe Outriders will earn my love as well. :phil_lmao:

Indeed, that’s the only major biggest hurdle on MS ecosystem now.

Games that only launch in one platform or the other, and not supporting all the platform features (play anywhere for instance).

And IMO, they not only to fix it fast for future releases, but have someway to retroactively solve that for existing games as well.

1 Like

it’s not just that, it’s either Square didn’t want the deal for pc or they asked big number for pc version.

but yeah GP PC needs some work

I guess I just don’t get it. :man_shrugging:

Dates back to otherERA.

Woohoo!!! What a great day!!!

I was and still am day one for Outriders but wasn’t sure if I was going to buy the game digitally or physically but now, being on Game Pass day one makes the decision for me and I get to save $50!!! Yay me!!! :joy:

1 Like

This is huge on so many levels.

It sets a pretty massive precedent if it winds up being successful. If all console Game Pass users at the very least download this and try it out, it will definitely encourage other publishers to put new IP they’re not quite 100% on on Game Pass day one.

6 Likes

I wasn’t interested in the game at all, but now I will try it for sure.

1 Like

Can honestly see a time in the future (not the near future) when most games launch into GP. More money = more content = more subscribers = more money…

All the extra revenue streams from standalone sales and DLC increase also.

I completely agree. In a world where development budgets are getting larger causing new IPs to be increasingly risky, putting the game on Game Pass could be a way to offset the financial risk and causing the game to gain traction so when a sequel comes it has a fan base now to sell to.

Definitely watch this space.

Damn Right. You can’t sell a product like Gamepass and have it skip a platform like PC. I do wish they would put ‘Console GamePass’ in the title of the press release instead of ‘GamePass’ when they skip the PC. Hopefully, with the purchase of Bethesda, they can retool the Bethesda Launcher and fix this issue.

1 Like