Ori and the Will of the Wisps announced for Nintendo Switch

No, it was held back by the 1S version. Seriously, the 1S is why I won’t even give the Series S a sniff. Great Blu ray player - bad at playing games that have come out in the past few years. Look forward to this game on the Series X, and on the go with Switch

Love Ori that much …

This game appeals to the Nintendo demographic

If ya listen real close, ya can hear the point buzzing above your head. :stuck_out_tongue:

Nothing held Ori 2 back. It’s damn near the perfect game imho. Only issues are performance based here and there so clearly they didn’t hold ambition back. I played Ori 1 and 2 back to back. Was a friggin incredibly 2 weeks.

1 Like

Published by iam8bit on the eShop versus XGS publishing Ori and the Blind Forest. Weird. Also it’s not doing as well on the eShop chart as Ori 1 did (so far), maybe because of competition with Hades for attention?

I don’t see it as positive.
Microsoft needs to understand the importance of exclusivity.

In addition to Forza it is the only IP First 90+ on the Xbox and quickly came out on the switch.

Year of launch of a new console, Microsoft suffering criticism for exclusive games, launching one of its best on another platform does not make much sense. I remember Phil saying this was not going to happen anymore, Microsoft needs to decide what to do with First party.

While Microsoft has this policy, Nintendo has not released anything on the Xbox.

People complain about this all the time, but never offer up what they want to play on the XBOX. Ori on the Switch makes sense. Mario on the XBOX does not.

That ending still chokes me up…

F-Zero XSX

120fps RT 4K

I guess MS are doing this to keep Moon happy. Not sure that will keep them in MSs second party stable. For those saying it’s great to.put it on the switch, because more people get to play it, why not also release it on PS? If Nintendo was putting some of their games on Xbox as well, that’s fine.

Microsoft has a positive relationship with Nintendo. They have previously released games on 3DS when it made sense. Also Nintendo allowed Minecraft Bedrock version (with Xbox Live login) way ahead of Sony (which probably eventually forced Sony into accepting a game with a Xbox login since their competitors both had it). Nintendo put Banjo in Smash as well, one of their biggest selling games. Both companies benefit from a good relationship.

1 Like

I think MS is actively in pursuit of mindshare. So they are willing to abandon this kind of exclusivity towards a greater good that is somewhat beneficial to their brand.

I’m not sure it will work, because it mostly benefit Nintendo in that case, but at least they are trying.

Also, it is really cool to have these games on a portable device.

It’s kinda a one way relationship. What Nintendo games have gone on Xbox?

Presumably the Rare Replay Nintendo 64 emulator was blessed by Nintendo and uses official code.

Also does it really matter? Xbox easily got 10’s of millions of new account sign ups through their Minecraft Bedrock and Ori ports all the while making buckets of money from their so-called competitors that will go back into the Xbox ecosystem. I’m sure in P3’s eyes Xbox is coming out way ahead in these deals.