Obsidian Studio Head says he would love to make a new Fallout game. "There’s not even a question of whether or not we would do it, it’s just ‘Will the opportunity arise ?’"

Yeah, they have all the pieces of a survival game but they’ve always been RPGs with survival elements. I think it’d be really interesting to have a proper survival game, and the world is rich and interesting enough to make it worth doing in the fallout universe.

As a huge fan of New Vegas, I have never used or made any mods for it outside fixes. There are a lot of people who doesn’t care about that stuff. If you subtract the ones only using graphic improvement or unofficial patches mods as well, there’s even less.

Ever since i played Gears Tactics I’ve been wanting a similar Fallout style game. Think it would be great.

2 Likes

This already exists. It’s called Wasteland. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

That’s cool, I know plenty of people don’t need or even care about that stuff but it’s still a significant part of why those games have lasted as long as they have

and again, it’s not just mods, all the systems they have in place are because of that engine and it’s why you don’t see them in other games or engines

Already played that. I just want anything Fallout tbh :smile: I need another single player Fallout game. Fallout 76 does nothing for me.

Oh okay. Eventually you’ll get a new Fallout game. Just a matter of time.

Xbox Era needs to hop on Fallout 76

2 Likes

Obsidian loves the Creation Engine, there is no way they wouldn’t use it if they were to make a Fallout spinoff. The issue here is they don’t have the staff currently due to all their current projects.

I think once the Avowed team is finished maybe they could consider it. Then you could have Bethesda and Obsidian alternate between Sci Fi and fantasy.

1 Like

I’d love to see one of the first party RPG teams tackle a cyberpunk RPG.

Then we can have most of our bases covered with high fantasy, steampunk, post-apocalyptic/nuclear, interstellar, and then cyberpunk.

Hell, now thinking on it I’d love to see a Lovecraftian styled RPG. Just a lot of dark, gothic, monstrous stuff that isn’t beholden to a Soul-like formula.:joy:

2 Likes

I predicting fallout 5 is a luanch game for the next gen xbox. If this gen is 10 years whch I think it will be then the new xbox launches with fallout 5 and maybe new banjo

friend, Elder Scrolls 6 will be a launch game for the next xbox at this rate

5 Likes

Can we get an Alpha Protocol remake or sequel instead?

1 Like

That would be something to ask SEGA about unfortunately, as I don’t see Microsoft going out of their way to buy the IP.

Hell, the original Alpha Protocol isn’t even BC.:confused:

I’m not sure who it would be to make it, but MS definitely needs to bring back Shadowrun as an open world, third person or first person, shooter, RPG. Think Fallout, but in the Shadowrun universe instead.

1 Like

I’d love to see more of this with Xbox studios. They’re just sitting on so many golden ip’s.

I mean, I think the last rumor that was going around was Arkane potentially working on a Shadowrun project. Pretty sure it was Grubb that mentioned it.

1 Like

Feargus’ quote makes it sound like the situation is pretty much what we all expected. They want to do it and may even have had discussions with Xbox and Bethesda, but it can’t happen until at least Avowed is done.

I think between TES VI and Fallout 5 is more realistic.

We’ll get Starfield, Avowed, The Outer Worlds 2, Project Cobalt, The Elder Scrolls VI, Fallout: New Vegas 2, next inXile project, maybe another Obsidian project, Fallout 5 - in that order.

They’re already doing the really big ones with Fable and Perfect Dark. Next up would be Banjo Kazooie (which Toys for Bob or Beenox can do) and Viva Pinata (a small team within Rare or an external studio like Sumo). Fallout will happen eventually.

Besides those, I’d rather internal studios make new stuff or continue their own franchises. Creating new IPs which can become future Xbox staples is incredibly important right now after the Gears/Halo/Forza era.