NXgamer: AC Valhalla next Gen comparison (1440p version is now up!)

No it actually isn’t. I was playing great looking games, way better looking games than xbox360 games , games on the Xbox one on launch day (Ryse, Forza 5, even dead rising 3 looked way better than previous DR games) .

Where is the Ryse of the XSX ?

1 Like

So this is just another - there are no first party exclusives rant?

Watch dogs and Assasins Creed both look great and are both better games than Ryse. Assasins creed being a huge open world at 60FPS.

I mean look at ACV running in the Xbox one the difference is HUGE. And yes the difference is less compared to the One X but still double the framerate and better draw distances etc are quite substantial.

2 Likes

this is disappointing, XSX version is the same as PS5 Version but with more frame drops and more screen tearing. there is no usage of the extra 2TF.

Nah he right there no excuse to this, it’s the same on pc side imagine buying new gpu just to find it underperformers and telling it’s buyers to wait for the update and we will fix it lol

1 Like

I would wait until the DF video for that. I still expect a resolution difference. Not incredibly big but I don’t believe there’s complete parity.

1 Like

this another one it’s just ughh…disappointing

He also says PS5 should hit 1440p too but didn’t test enough to see that happen. This is definitely a rushed comparison. His vids in the past few months have grown more and more click bait-y.

4 Likes

The tearing is not great at all. I’m glad as hell VRR takes care of it, but it really shouldn’t be there at all.

1 Like

"PS5 and Xbox Series X use a dynamic resolution with the highest native resolution found being 3840x2160 and the lowest native resolution found being approximately 2432x1368. Both consoles rarely render at a native resolution of 3840x2160. The native resolution is usually between 2432x1368 and 2880x1620 on both consoles. PS5 and Xbox Series X use a form of temporal reconstruction to increase the resolution up to 3840x2160 when rendering natively below this resolution.

Xbox Series S uses a dynamic resolution with the highest native resolution found being 2880x1620 and the lowest native resolution found being approximately 2048x1152. Native resolution pixel counts near 2560x1440 seem to be common on Xbox Series S. Xbox Series S uses a form of temporal reconstruction to increase the resolution up to 2880x1620 when rendering natively below this resolution"

idk what is going with XSX but it’s needs to be solved immediately first DMC 5 SE HIGH FPS MODE and THIS

He is saying some things about resolution that contradict what NX says. So who is right? Nah.

I’ll wait for DF. There really should be no reason where other than loading times PS5 outperforms XSX.

1 Like

according to VG The series X lowest point is 1440P and this is worse than ps5 lowest resolution i believe it was 1600p

well there is no need to wait lol something is going on with XSX version https://twitter.com/fatwazz/status/1327158391085682688

https://twitter.com/dark1x/status/1327235971801296897

https://twitter.com/dark1x/status/1327158533247348736

Well, like I said. There’s no excuse for XSX hitting a lower resolution than PS5. This seems more like something the devs just need to patch. Unbelievable that Ubi PR actually said the full native 4K. Come on now.

I’ll still enjoy the game greatly nonetheless, but this is not OK.

1 Like

I think windows central and dual shockers should complain to ubisoft PR. They gave the info to these two websites specifically and the sites also tried to double check with ubisoft as well.

It’s not just PR speech. But manipulation of the consumer.

1 Like

What are you complaining about? The performance is identical. There is screen tearing on all versions but all three Xbox versions have more tearing than their PlayStation equivalents. The tearing has nothing to do with the power of the machine simply how the devs have implemented vsync on the Xbox side. It will be patched. The One X has more tearing than the Pro. We’ve known for months that Xbox tools and API were behind. You were a week away from no ray tracing in any game at launch. Now you have games that are more or less performing on par. Which is a minor miracle since a month ago that was not the case. The API and the like came in hot on the Xbox side but it was so they could fully integrate RDNA2 and get ML integration. In the long run that’s a good thing and you haven’t lost anything at launch. By the skin of their teeth RT is there. And the games are performing equally - so what is the issue?

1 Like

That’s the most likely explanation for it, right? The tools were behind Sony, plus there was talk that devs praise PS5 because of how easy and familiar it is while Xbox has new stuff and devs need to find their way with it.

The hardware is there, so this really can be the only reason that we’re seeing this now. So in time it should improve and we should start to see X taking the lead. I guess after the Ubi PR kept saying “native 4K” I started thinking there weren’t such problems after all.

Yep. I think generally the PS5 will overperform it’s raw specs slightly as it sounds like they’ve done some clever stuff in their Geometry Engine to help performance. And SX is probably a little under now but will improve as tools mature.

1 Like

I can understand the disappointment by some, I mean it goes as low as 1440? After that damn Ubi PR I truly believed native 4K but something like 1800p would have been fine too.

I haven’t played a great deal of the game yet and maybe I won’t even notice it, but it is unfortunate. But logic tells us it should absolutely improve.

I guess there’s a good chance we’re gonna see the same for CoD, maybe Cyberpunk . The XSX is more powerful, but we won’t get the results yet.

1 Like

The rumor of the PS5 being done in 2019 seems to be true now. I wonder if Microsoft knew they would take a performance hit this early on, but decided it was worth it for full RDNA2. So far, however, the games that we have gotten have not performed well on both platforms imo. DMC:V runs better on xbox, but it’s still rough. AC:V has more tearing on XSX, but the game is janky overall. I am starting to think everyone is having issues this year since no games have released without problems. I am willing to give everyone a pass until next year tbh.

Yep, the Series X has been great for me, I’ve been through many console launches going back to the 1970’s and launches almost always have lack luster games. It’s never really about the launches but the long term health of the console platform and the Series X has the most promising future of any console.

1. With Covid and so many game delays around the industry having the best BC solution is by far more important now then ever. Series X makes every game better with Auto HDR, 16 X AF and maxing out FPS and Res on dynamic titles

2. Series X is the most powerful console with the most advanced GPU. No matter how these head to head duels turn out with DF we know Series X is the most powerful console so no worries about anything being held back. If something runs much worse on it then other consoles we know it is a software dev issue and not a problem with the hardware.

3. With Gamepass the console pretty much pays for itself

4. With the Bethesda purchase we are going to get a ton of Exclusive Next Gen games with huge scope. I don’t think it has really it has really hit gamers that if you want to ever play new entries in TES, Doom, Prey, Dishonored, Fallout, Starfield you are going to have to do it in the Xbox Eco system.

1 Like