Nvidia Event thread 1st sep 9am PT/12pm ET/ 5pm uk time

They said it the presentation (if I understood it correctly).

1 Like

Genuine question from a lifelong console gamer apart from a brief dalliance when half life 2 came out. Why are these prices being lauded when a $600 console is considered dead in the water? I understand that the performance is considerably better than a console but you still have to pay for a ssd, a CPU and all the other fun stuff on top of that. As someone who literally doesn’t have a pc at all now we’re talking over $1000 to get gaming are we not? Given that it feels like a no brainer to go for a console. It seems like it will give much better cost performance than a pc. If a next gen console was announced with a 3090 in it, how much would you pay?

Because PC gamers are lunatics (I am one btw, and I’ve purchased $700 graphics cards while complaining about $500 consoles). :laughing:

1 Like

Unsure if it’s baked into hardware for the 30 series, as it’s also available on RTX20 series

By virtue of being available on RTX20’s it would seem to be a software solution utilising cuda or tensor cores perhaps

Good points.

They have at least hardware accelation for decompressing video content. But I’m not sure zlib compression is included there. Afaik h.264 doesn’t use it.

1 Like

Free Watch Dogs with 30 series purchase too :+1:

1 Like

That marble demo looks bonkers.