Nvidia Event thread 1st sep 9am PT/12pm ET/ 5pm uk time

I already have 3 rigs. My main is still rocking the 1080, and the other two are using a 970 and a 550ti. I also have a server running without a card, but I’ve been thinking about putting one in to run some virtualization. I know, I have problems. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Will I build a PC for once? Lol

1 Like

From my understanding the xsx has 12tflop for raster and 13tflops for ray tracing.

So judging by that xsx will have RT performance similar to a RTX 2060. Which is actually pretty good for a console.

Ahh, you’re right. I must’ve added the two numbers together.

1 Like

Yeah digital foundry said that, it makes things confusing.

Now, just waiting for AMD to finally announce the big navi’s. This could be better than I thought in terms of prices.

1 Like

For some bizzare reason i was expecting the rtx 3080 to be like 15tflops.

I was not expecting such big jumps, especially in comparison to the next gen consoles.

I am a console gamer but let’s be honest next gen consoles look like trash compared to these cards. I will wait to see games comparison if the difference is big I will leave the console gaming. Also XSX and PS5 should be $400.

1 Like

Console price announcements are going to be VERY interesting now. If either console goes about $500 they are completely dead at this point. I’m expecting $499 for both

1 Like

I have mixed feelings right now, still trying to process everything.

One thing the consoles have which makes them still competitive with PC hardware is i/o setups and ram. I expect an xsx level PC GPU to be about $300, so when we consider all the components of the consoles they are still very good for the price. But it feels a lot more like the start of this gen again, where the consoles are a like mid range pcs.

sticking with PC coming gen never felt better :)))

That’s insane. Was just thinking about how these numbers make next gen consoles look pretty outdated by the time they come out. So I was thinking since the architecture is so similar and Xbox is moving slowly away from traditional generations and with the series S as an entry level Xbox how far fetched would be a 1499$ 30 TF High-End Xbox? I mean yeah it would only be for the hardest of hardcore, but I would totally get it.

After this i would not be surprised of we see a 24tflops 60Rt-tflops or higher series Z in 2023. Even 24tflops seems not that strong when the rtx 3080 is 28tflops in 2020.

1 Like

Amazing presentation by Nvidia, and impressive cards. Now, its AMD’s turn to show their hand.

I think this might have convinced me to hold off on new consoles this year and just build a new PC. And I was dead set on getting Series X.

a 250-300USD Series S looking more and more likely. 4TF machine at anything more and you basically shifted your Xbox crowd to PC where you also get all the first party games and own a GPU that’s more powerful than a Series X

Literally all the console people claiming “lol the equivalent pc is gonna cost 2000 dollars” gon be awfully quiet now.

3080-136 SMs

I am losing my mind😱

Or am i missing something?

1 Like

Of intersting note is RTX IO for dedicated HW decompression of assets. It also has support for Direct Storage API

1 Like

Probably why Microsoft are not worried about sonys ssd, 3rd parties will be using a Microsoft solution on PC + Xbox.

2 Likes