Nintendo Switch |OT| Woo Hoo, its me, SUPER MARIO!

The Switch has been a game changer for me. I’ve played so many games on that little device. Honestly, having the option to play games portably has made life a lot easier in my household.

Some of my favorite games on the Switch:

Super Mario Odyssey - just about 3D Mario perfection

Daemon X Machina - fast paced mech action, similar to Armored Core

Monster Prom XXL - tacky funny dating sim

Super Bomberman R - the classic party game you remember with a story mode and a ton of classic gaming skins

Death Come True - trippy fmv mystery game

Catherine Full Body - narrative driven puzzle game that is super ideal for the Switch

The Stretchers - couch co-op game similar time Moving Out

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - best kart racer out there

Animal Crossing New Horizons - a terrific game when you just wanna chill

Breath of the Wild - naturally it makes the list…

With an updated Switch likely to hit sometime in 2021, I can’t wait to see how much of an upgrade it will be (possibly up to 4K docked, a 1080p screen, expand memory, and maybe a bump in overall performance). If it gets a bit closer to PS4/Xbox One performance levels, it should open the door for a larger selection of quality ports for my portable enjoyment.

Agreed. I think Galaxy 2 is getting the Super Mario 3D World + New Content treatment, which they’ll announce for release sometime next year.

We gotta be getting close to an information dump on the final DLC for Pokemon Sword & Shield.

I wonder if we’ll get a Pokémon as a Smash Pass character to coincide with the DLC release for Sword and Shield?

(if it does happen I vote for Toxtricity)

Dunsparce!

I used to have a Switch, but then my wife found Animal Crossing.

Now I don’t have a Switch or a wife.

THANKS NINTENDO.

3 Likes

I put over 100 hours into New Horizons, went on vacation, and haven’t played it since. Feels like I’m due for my third run of Stardew Valley, just as soon as I get the guide from Fangamer.

Gonna buy Odyssey, botw 1+2, super Mario 3d world, 3d all stars, smtv, and Xenoblade games when I get a swtich.

2 Likes

Great choices all around! I also recommend Fire Emblem: Three Houses if you’re looking for a suggestion!

1 Like

Nintendo will wait for the new switch to reveal botw2 right?

1 Like

I suspect we already know most of the content in that second expansion from the Pokemon Direct in January (iirc they obscured a handful of things)

We know a bunch of new Regi, new forms for the Kanto birds, and another Slowpoke evolution, but that’s about it.

Has anyone made Hyrule Warriors thread?

Definitely gonna use the 2-game coupon and some Gold funny money to get 3D All-Stars and 3D World for just over 90 Euros total. That’s less than 25 Euros per port. Not bad, that way.

Just topped up my subscription, so I am good with Nintendo Switch Online until May of 2022. That’s one less thing to worry about with next gen consoles launching.

I have preordered both the Mario collection and the new Hyrule Warriors. I decided to pay for both now so I can have a clearer way in November when the Series X launches.

And it is about time for some news about the next Pokémon expansion. And Pokémon Snap too. Isn’t it supposed to release this year?

It doesn’t have any release window

1 Like

Oh damn. I guess I am not used anymore to Nintendo games being announced that far out.

And I forgot about Bravely Default II aswell. That was definitely announced for 2020, though.

Pokemon is treated differently, probably because it is managed by a separate company. Haven’t heard of Detective Pikachu on Switch since last year either.

1 Like

Can’t wait for news about the Pokemon expansion. It’s including a bunch of legendaries, so I can’t wait to go around catching everything possible like I did in LeafGreen.