Nintendo Direct + Treehouse |OT| Super expectations

Oh shit, that’s awesome!

1 Like

I liked the show, nothing special but had good announcements for me personally. In particular, Metroid Dread and Advance Wars remasters. The BOTW sequel trailer was okay, they showed some new interesting stuff, but the graphics didn’t look that improved.

Gotta hand it to Nintendo, AW 1 + 2 hit HARD because I remember AW being the SHIT on GBA back in the high school days.

Took me back. Way back.

2 Likes

~50% of the presentation was repackaged old stuff. I have to hand it to Nintendo. They have selling people old stuff as new down to an art form.

2 Likes

Was a nice show. But 60€ for Metroid Dread? lol

I know SMT is very niche so it didn’t do much for most people, but me? THAT. LOOKED. AMAZING. And it’s this year! That’s gonna be one of the most memorable games from this E3 for me, for sure.

1 Like

People said to me that Nintendo fans are not toxic, lmao.

1 Like

yeaaah, Nintendo will most likely not gonna have any sort of gamepass equivalent on their platform for at least a decade more. Their games have insane attach rates, highest of any gaming platform so they feel even less need to invest in a subscription service like GP.

4 - 5 out of 10 so pretty weak, I’m excited to play megten 5 after waiting for so long as well as metroid however (hate using the phrase but.) Fucking Yikes. can’t believe people are really cheering that direct for being mostly badly running 3rd party ports and Wii U re-releases. It really does show how good the Wii U exclusive libary was after a paulty 4 years on the market and how woeful the switch’s has really has been in a similar time frame.

Seriously write a list of all the switch exclusives n take off all the games that came out on the Wii U 1st and see whats left, it really ain’t great. On the plus side they are running out of them to port so they will have to hopefully fill the years out with new stuff instead.

Absolutely. There’s no reason for them to really since their games sell extremely well anyway.

1 Like

that earthworm arena shooter looked like a fucking slideshow for everyone else as well or was it just my stream?

Another E3 where Nintendo does nothing to fix their terrible ecosystem: no backwards compatibility, lack of first-party game sales, constant ports and remasters that arrive years late, no quality subscription service like GamePass/PSNOW/PS+, expensive and faulty peripherals, poor social features, little media app support…

I own a Switch and love their games. But their ecosystem makes it difficult to buy anything interesting beyond their GOTG-type titles.

I think I might actually be getting to the point where I can leave Nintendo behind. The nostalgia isn’t enough to carry them for me anymore. There was a time where the quality of their games was something to behold, but I honestly don’t feel that anymore. Outside of the occasional big hitters like BotW and Mario Odyssey that show Nintendo still has it at times, most of the stuff coming from Nintendo is just…meh.

2 Likes

Yeah, it seemed like running at 10 fps

1 Like

Honestly I thought it was abit meh I loved that a new Metroid got announced but man I was really hoping for Wind Waker HD :skull_and_crossbones: