Nintendo Direct Thread (February 9th)

I genuinely had no idea this was ever announced. Huh.

Me either

Goldeneye, Xenoblade 3, Mario Kart 10, Bayo 3, Persona 5.

Lets go BABYYYYYYYYYYYY!

2 Likes

Hopefully we get wind waker hd

Knowing nintendo theyll spend the entire show on splatoon 3 or some animal crossing dlc

1 Like

Japan is excited. Seeing the Japanese Direct is almost just as exciting as the Western one for me. Often cool niche stuff that there wasn’t room for in the Western version.

1 Like

Can’t wait for this!

1 Like

I hope I’m alive when they launch this.

Right there with you, Monolith Soft was the best decision Nintendo’s made over the last decade; the Xenoblade series has consistently been their most reliable series since Xenoblade Chronicles released on the Wii back in the day, and they’ve been nothing but top-tier quality (and they’ve been technical feats in their own rights). I’ve been a Zelda fan basically since its origin, but I think Xeno has taken the reigns as my favorite Nintendo series at this point (I also was not a fan of Breath of the Wild… which I know is somehow shameful to most).

2 Likes

This is a common sentiment among my circles lol. Like it was a fun sandbox but lacking a lot of the traditional Zelda elements.

1 Like

My buddy been telling me about Mario Kart 9 rumors for a few weeks now. Not necessarily for the Direct tonight but overall.

I would be so damn down for a new one, but the question is…is it necessary for Nintendo at all? Doesn’t 8 still sell like hotcakes?

Mario Kart 8 is still selling like the game dropped yesterday and its the highest selling game on the Switch. They arent gonna make a new one for a while.

I like these events Nin/Sony have been doing for years to gather players together and “share” new info about gaming.

Xbox when to join?

Well hopefully sooner rather than later

I take Xenoblade over any game in a heartbeat🤷‍♂️

I’m afraid Xbox categorize these events under “marketing” which is Game Pass take care of it. I believe there was an ID@Xbox mini-shows ( not Twitch one ) in the last two years to share updates about indie games coming to Xbox, was very fun and helpful to discover the upcoming games, now it disappeared along with Inside Xbox episodes.

Looking just to the numbers, they should keep Mario Kart 8 selling.

But man, 8 years without a new Mario Kart, I hope they announce one.

1 Like

Yeah this just screams to me that this will be here. It’s the most legendary game of all time in Japan. The date is not a coincidence.

Worldwide release and full multiplat, I hope.

They released a trailer last year in Dragon Quest anniversary date, but as far as I remember it was dated to 2023

Not really necessary for Nintendo at this point. Mario Kart 8 is basically the GTA V of Nintendo.