Ninja Gaiden Master Collection

So I booted up razors edge too. It does look much better than the 360 BC version which is good.

Sigma 2 crashed for me once which was disappointing. Brings back memories of ng2 crashing so much on 360. Sigma plays well and the mission mode is unlocked from the start. Normally you have to beat the game to unlock it.

1 Like

I tried a bit of each game.

Sigma 1 doesnā€™t have a Ninja Dog mode I guess since there is Hero Mode now. I donā€™t have much complaints about it although the camera is a little annoying and I am a little sad you donā€™t get to hear Ayaneā€™s voice when you read her scrolls anymore.

Sigma 2 has very hard mode unlocked already from the start, interesting cuz Sigma 1 doesnā€™t. Jesus people werenā€™t kidding when they said the enemies have even more health to compensate for less enemy count. Thatā€™s a really poor design choice.

Razorā€™s Edge I already played on the 360 so donā€™t really have anything to say. The resolution bump is really nice. Whatā€™s cool is they added the Ryu costume in that originally on the old version you have to have a save from the base version of NG3.

No idea why they changed the name also you had to die 3 times or something like in Black to unlock it. Hero mode sounds dumb though its pitifully easy even on Normal.

And while Very hard isnā€™t unlocked Hard mode is unlocked from the start which is actually pretty good since you can beat Doku quickly to unlock VH and then MN.

Theres achievements for beating every chapter on hard VH and MN but since they stack you should go to MN right away unless youā€™re new to the games.

I only dabbled with Sigma 2 for a bitā€¦i have to say the Removal of the Gore isnā€™t great. I do like that you can go to missions right away and play as Momiji/Ayane in missions from the start.

Razors Edge i might actually play this version because while the Darkness is an issue the game just looks much sharper than the BC version. I have both installed and this version just looks way sharper just make sure to make the game internally brighter since first level is dark as fuck.

I might try and go for 1000/1000 for Sigma 1. Seems doable if you beat the game on MNā€¦the only issue is Karma score of Master Ninja for every chapter which i did on Black anyway but takes some time.

How are you able to play as the other characters in their missions in Sigma 2? Maybe you mean Tag Mode? If so yeah that was cool. Rachel was great and I loved her little gun thing she had going on but I still preferred Ayane and Momiji. I tried her out in Survivor Mode in Sigma 1 and wow she was horrible in that, I can see why people didnā€™t like playing her chapters in that game.

All the DLC costumes are included and you can use them right away, even the Vita costumes are in Sigma 1+2. You still have to unlock costumes that arenā€™t DLC or pre-order bonuses though.

Yeah I meant thr tag missions. You had to beat the game before I think.

Wish they would let you play as any character in any chapter like they did in Razorā€™s Edge.

Did you pre-order the regular version or the deluxe? I got the deluxe and Iā€™m trying to install the deluxe content but for some reason the download wonā€™t start.

Thatā€™s a good question lol. I did get the deluxe but I completely forgot about the content. Iā€™ll have to check it out tomorrow.

1 Like

Is razors edge updated at all? Itā€™s literally the only reason Iā€™d get this bundle as the original black and NG2 are far superior in backwards compatibility mode. Just would like a copy of Razors Edge at a higher resolution like the other two.

For me it is. It looks much sharper. If you donā€™t want the others wait for a price drop. 40 bucks for RE alone is silly. But it definitely looks sharper and has a higher res than BC RE. The only issue is lighting. Donā€™t know if its my TV or that the HDR is broken but game is way too dark. Thankfully its only really in Chaper 1.

I would still give Sigma 1 and 2 a go. I mean from what iā€™ve played Sigma 2 is a bastardised version of Vanilla 2 and even looks worse than the enhanced version of 2 but playing as Ayane and Momiji is great. I did a few missions with Momiji and shes genuinely fun unlike the absolute static slow Rachel who is truly awful in Sigma 1.

Speaking of Sigma 1 and 2 i really dislike having the B button as a default Confirm. But anyhow ill live with it

Iā€™m almost done with Sigma 1. Sort of speed running it but its fun. Not GOAT tier Black level but its still solid.

Iā€™ll fully play through Sigma 1 and give an opinion on that. But from the basic missions iā€™ve played Momiji and Ayane are fun to play as. Canā€™t wait to play as them in the story. The lack of blood is a bit stupid though.

1 Like

Cheers, let me know. If youā€™re on the Xbox check the apps and itā€™s over there, not games. Or you could go to the store and search it.

What @GoroMajima said. You get a resolution bump, 1080p on base Xbox one. 4k on One X and Series X/S. All the DLC costumes are included as well. Only thing is the multiplayer is removed and Clan Battle is gone.

No point getting the 360 BC version anyways, lower resolution and if you want to play multiplayer on it you have to buy an online pass. Itā€™ll cost you probably around the same price as the collection if you decide to buy the DLC too.

Another thing I noticed on Sigma 2. You canā€™t use yellow essence to upgrade your weapons. You just can upgrade them for free at the Muramasa statues but only when itā€™s glowing blue and you can only upgrade one weapon at a time. Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™s a good or bad thing yet since Iā€™m early in the game. Depends if they frequent enough it would be cool. Although it makes farming yellow essence mostly useless because thereā€™s a limit on health and ki items you carry.

Ok if itā€™s 4K 60 than itā€™s definitely worth it to me than to complete the collection with 4K upgrades. The only good thing I remember in Sigma games were the extra characters you could play as. At least they had that but everything else was such a gutted experience from the originals.

1 Like

Yeah I started the download seems to be downloading. I went to store page then manage game and it had 4 seperate files the 3 games and the deluxe content.

Ok so i downloaded it and it doensā€™t start now. Just appears black screen and goes back to home screen. Doesntā€™ seem to be working

EDIT

Still doesnā€™t load. ITs just an icon lol. Have to wait for Update.

So my cousin got the Switch version of NG and I got to play for a bit just nowā€¦Sigma 1 looks and runs fine as it should.

Sigma 2 howeverā€¦although runs 60 most of the time has drops occasionally and the worst thing is the resolution drops below 480p. Looks like a DS game with the jaggies. Makes Xenoblade 2 in handheld look like a 4k masterpiece

Razors Edge is straight up bad on Switch. Like horribly bad. Frame rate resolution all over the place.

1 Like

Sigma = Garbage Collection :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Just tried again this afternoon and it downloaded now finally. The app wonā€™t start up though, Iā€™ll try again later.

Glad I didnā€™t get it on Switch. Not a fan of below 720p resolution. I was forced to play Xenoblade 2 on handheld for quite a bit because my dad and older brother was watching sports on tv and the resolution really was horrible. So this is worse then? Wowā€¦

Theyā€™ve fixed the Artbook & Soundtrack app. If itā€™s still not working just uninstall and download again and it should work now, I had to do the same.

I just got upto chapter 5 with Momiji in Sigma 2. They really nerfed that tunnel worm boss didnā€™t they? Mind you it helps a lot that the fiend bane bow has auto aim and unlimited ammo now. But the bosses towards the end of chapter 4 did get annoying that I used all my health items.

Been playing Sigma 1 and 2 and while they arenā€™t bad games by any means, they really arenā€™t as good as the originals. I like the balancing tweaks made for Sigma 2, such as fewer off camera projectiles, but the fewer enemies and the health of the remaining enemies are very noticeable. I just hope the side characters donā€™t drag down the games as much as Iā€™ve read they do.

Iā€™m indifferent on both. I love the achievements for Sigma 1. But its a lazy remaster of the PS3 version. They could have done a better job. Rachel levels still suck.

Sigma 2 is streamlined a lot.

I really hate they removed so much gore. Whats the point?

Blood is an alpha texture that creates overdraw and eats up bandwidth. The PS3 was horribly bandwidth bound, so their solution around the problem was to remove most of the gore and replace it with the purple mist.

Iā€™m going through a lot of areas that are empty or almost empty of enemies and it feels quite disappointing.

Just finished Momijiā€™s chapter last night. Donā€™t really understand why they are recycling areas, it was also very short. Sucks these new characters only have 1 chapter each.

Also the wolf enemies can be very dangerous and can take almost all your health if youā€™re not careful.