Ninja Gaiden Master Collection

Ninja Gaiden Black is in my top 5 video games of all time, but even I’m tempted to. Pick up this collection. The only thing that makes me hesitant is that I’m just not as quick as I used to be, and I worry I won’t be able to complete them - I did finish both 1 and 2 when I was you get and more capable.

Perhaps I’ll just Ninja Dog my way through them :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Unacceptable. Nobody on this forum will be ninja dogging it through. I will nuke these forums before that happens.

2 Likes

Sigma is considerably easier than Black. So playing Black on Ninja Dog is about as difficult as Sigma on Normal. Theres no need to play Sigma on Ninja Dog, its not fun and offers absolutely no challenge…its easy as it is on Normal. Having beaten Black on MN and Sigma on MN ITs not even a contest…outside of the ridiculous Rachel levels(shes awful to control) MN on Sigma wasn’t even has hard as VH on Black.

But having said that it could be down to some balance issues and interface improvements…Not sure. I only ever played through Sigma twice. Once on Normal and then I just beat Doku on Hard and Very hard at the end of Chapter 2 to unlock MN then beat MN start to finish. Yes you can bypass difficulty by beating Doku but he isn’t easy for newbies.

In Black you have to beat the game from start to finish 3 times to unlock MN…Black however is my all time fav Video game so i’ve beaten it like 50+ times over the last 15 years.

But yeah…please don’t play any of these games on Easy. It sort of defeats the purpose of what these games are. You can play NG 3 RE on EAsy as that is horribly cheap on harder difficulties. But 1 and 2 need to be played on Normal. Especially Sigma 1. Sigma 2 i’ve never played but I hear its easier than Vanilla 2 as well.

1 Like

I’ve made the decision to buy the game as a buddy of mine is buying it and playing them for the first time so I’ll play along with him as we are both deploying with the military at the same place and we’ll be sleeping in the same room for 6 months so plenty of time to play through the NG trilogy together! It’ll be a lot with PSO2NG releasing soon as well but I’m sure we’ll manage!

1 Like

So the Pre load for this is up. Its Seperated into the 3 individual games so Sigma 1 Sigma 2 and RE. Sigma 2 is 4.33GB Sigma 1 is 4.26

incredibly small file sizes. I think the original PS3 versions were the same size.

Hopefully the day 1 updates are there and we get 4k Patches for next gen.

Sigma 1 being less than 5GB suggests the CGI is probably straight up ported from the PS3 version which was ported from the Original Xbox version at 720p

EDIT: So Razors Edge is 4.32 GB…The Xbox 360 BC version is over 5.2GB.

Bizarre. It seems TN have not put much effort into these ports in regards to making them look considerably better.

1 Like

The file sizes are shockingly small. Are you sure this is the Xbox size??

Could be because of they got rid of the multiplayer modes maybe.

For me this is a plus though because you can save space with games, no need for the 360 Razor’s Edge anymore unless you really wanna play the multiplayer.

I think I’ll buy the trilogy now, I thought it was a 5% pre order discount but it’s actually 10%.

Switch version is 720p. Base Xbox One and PS4 is 1080p. Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, Series X/S, PS5 and PC are all 4k.

Good to know Series S version is 4k.

I would be so excited to pick this up if it wasn’t the Sigma versions…

Yeah I preloaded all 3 games. Deleted my 360 versions and they were bigger in file size.

Im a little bit skeptical about the 4k on next gen. Resolution is nice but would like confirmation on FPS.

I mean the vanilla versions exist on xbox and are still great to play. Enhanced too. Black looks incredible.

1 Like

Very weird but good, usually ports to newer consoles are bigger in file size.

It says here on Team Ninja’s official website 60fps on all platforms NINJA GAIDEN: Master Collection

I heard it’s locked to 60fps on PC as well unfortunately so I don’t think it’s possible to get any higher than that.

I’ve just pre-ordered the collection and pre-loading now. I’ve never digitally pre-ordered before but that discount sold me plus it’s not overly expensive like KT’s Atelier remastered trilogies.

Looking forward to playing on the 10th! Feels surreal to finally play the Sigma games after so long, now I’ll know how worse it is from Black and NG2.

And maybe this time I’ll finally be able to beat chapter 8 in NG2…idk what chapter it will be in Sigma 2.

I wonder if the NEw zealand trick works for these games. If not you’ll be able to play them 9pm Pacific/12pm Eastern regardless.

But if you can get NZ trick to work then games should unlock 5am tomorrow.

What a proper mess this is on PC

2 Likes

I hope it does. I’ve never tried that with games, only music. I don’t think I’ll have enough time to play so I’ll just wait until midnight.

Does Sigma 1 have Ninja Dog mode like Black?

As expected. This is koei were talking about.

I’m at work but ull try the new Zealand trick when I get home

MESS!

1 Like

Is that for the one s?

They didn’t specify so I’m assuming the whole Xbox version.

Works fine on series x. Must be the one s version

Already gotten to chapter 8 on sigma. Might just start sigma 2 soon. Great gsmes obviously but anyone who plays this with a xbox controller change thr controls to RT and LT for block and camera. It’s default to RB and LB for some dumb reason.

I think it’s because these are PS3 controls. They always liked to make primary trigger controls L1 and R1. Then with PS4 they made it L2 and R2.

This collection is basically a port of the PS3 games upressed and they called it a day, so that’s why.

Thanks for letting me know btw, I’ll change the controls. I don’t really like to use the bumpers on the Xbox controller that much.