NieR Replicant - Hype Check

Revisions and additions have been vaguely teased by Saito (“There’s so many things.”), yet these are the ones with specific information.

• Fully voiced dialogue. Rerecording previous dialogue allowed voice actors to have more nuance in their deliveries.
  • Grimoire Weiss is recast to Hiroki Yasumoto (Pod 042).
  • Voiced roles for Yui Ishikawa (2B) and Natsuki Hanae (9S) have been hinted to appear in this game.
  • Complete rearranged soundtrack by Keiichi Okabe. New songs will be included. Returning songs have compositions that differ from previous arrangements found in albums and concert performances. Emil’s Song will have a revised chorus section.
  • Areas already familiar to players have greater sense of scope and exploration.
  • Weapon stories have been expanded.
  • New scenarios are added. In Yoko’s words, “It’s like adding toppings to the world’s best ramen.”

Plus vastly improved visuals, reworked combat (with the help of Automata’s director) and new/better animations as it was confirmed at the TGS stream.

So yeah it’s way more than a standard remaster aka a resolution/frame-rate bump.

4 Likes

Looking excellent.

Lawd.

I cannot wait for this game.

I’ll probably play Replicant, then replay Automata (which I already 1000/1000 only because of buying Achievements) to get that double dose of goodness.

2 Likes

I just noticed something regarding HDR…it’s not listed for this game in general. Is there no HDR in this remaster?

Nothing confirmed as of yet.

Okay, thanks.

My copy is here. :partying_face: But I don’t like that the game is actually seperat from the collectors edition. They could sell the collectors edition without the physical game and I would buy the digital version.

3 Likes

already playing

2 Likes

Already installed and ready to go! I am gonna start playing in a couple of hours. :partying_face:

Gonna buy it in a few hours! Excited, though I’ll be playing it after Judgment.

1 Like

You can play them on ps5 and series x. Also I don’t get your point. This game has been in development for a few years now.

And don’t be foolish into thinking everyone has a next gne system. People can’t buy these consoles and they’re hard to find. Over 160n uservase for xbox one and ps4 combined.

Last generation might be over. But ps4 and xbox one game releases are still relevant.

2 Likes

That’s still insanely high. Is it that shitty digital price that uk games normally are 10 pounds more expensive. I remember last gen uk digital were 10 pounds more than the physical copies.

And this game bad probably 1/10th the budget and original came out in 2010.

A ff7 style remake is not realistic and anyone who expected it are not living in the real world.

Ff7 remake is also 1/4 of the original game.

I’m interested in playing this but I’ll probably wait for a cheaper price, or Game Pass. Still have the 360 original on my shelf but only ever played a few hours of it.

Are the achievements any easier in the remaster or still quite tedious?

Finished recently on ps3 and thankfully looking at footage I am not really missing out with having played that version!

Bough it just to support SE on Xbox.

1 Like

A rare pre-order from me. The original really resonated with me and I want to encourage this type of title to come out on Xbox.

There’s no need to get this heated. I talked about optimizing it for the Series X|S, not making it next-gen exclusive.

2 Likes

The game could also been Gen 9 aware depending on the GDK.

We’ve seen games like Cyberpunk take advantage of Series X features without having a native Series X versions.

1 Like

This game isn’t supporting Quick Resume for me. Anyone else having a similar experience?

Just bought it!

1 Like