Next ID@Xbox and Twitch Indie Showcase scheduled for August 10 (live TODAY at 9AM PT!)

Perhaps but don’t Indies sell best on Switch anyway? Switch is made for Indies.

Not always, as I said, it’s directly tied to release date, lead marketing platforms, promos, store visibility, etc…obviously the lack of AAA blockbusters on Switch is a boon for indies, but Gamepass also is on Xbox and PC or the abysmal prices on pc stores thanks to keys.

1 Like

That’s fine. But don’t ignore issues and just say it’s for marketing reasons and criticise people for being aggressive or angry. I get worked up because I’m a consumer and I can. There’s clearly evidence of devs not wanting or caring about Xbox. And that’s fine. But it should be acknowledged. Not just glossed over as it’s just marketing.

Anyhow I’ll stop talking about it. Hades is out now on xbox and that’s great news for all gamers.

My sincere apologies if I offended you, that wasn’t my intent.

You don’t need to apologize I’m not offended.

And surprise surprise

Spelunky 2 coming to Switch. Year after PS4 and PC version. No Xbox version in sight…despite original Spelunky being a 360 exclusive for a while.

Yeah Spelunky dev is among the ones who still have some problems with Xbox, even first Spelunky never received 8th gen port, it’s playable only through BC. I think this one has strong possibilities to NEVER arrive on Xbox honestly.

It took me ages to try and get Spelunky to run on my old Xbox one X. Its not on the store for xbox one at all and can only be bought from the 360 store online and that didn’t work for me and I ended up having to create a new account enter new payment info and then log that account onto my xbox one and then download it.

Absolute farce. The easiest way is just buying it off the 360 store from an actual 360. But that wasn’t an option for me. Maybe its changed now.

Now with XSX/XSS launch they have updated store listings for almost all BC games, but Spelunky is still among the ones only available through old Xbox store or 360 directly, I don’t know why but I suppose adversarial clauses from original dev could be a posaible explanation, I remember Phil Fish saying it wasn’t his problem that Fez was not even BC, when we all know that MS needs only dev/pub authorization, things in the industry are often shady. XD