New Xbox Game Studio turn-based strategy game revealed called Ara: History Untold

Originally published at: New Xbox Game Studio turn-based strategy game revealed called Ara: History Untold - XboxEra

During the Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase the team behind Ashes of the Singularity, Oxide Games, have revealed Ara: History Untold. A new turn-based strategy IP from Microsoft.

If you’re interested to learn more you can join the preview program for the game now at this link.

The press release on Ara: History Untold can be found below.

Today, during the Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase, Oxide Games and Xbox Game Studios Publishing announced Ara: History Untold, an upcoming turn-based, historical grand strategy game for Windows PC and available day one with PC Game Pass.

Ara: History Untold, built by a team that includes many of the leads behind one of the most popular historical grand strategy games of all time, invites players to build and lead a nation throughout global history as they explore new lands, develop arts and culture, conduct diplomacy, and go head-to-head with rivals to prove they are the greatest leader ever known.

Players will become the architect of a dynamic, living world fully rendered and brought to life through the power of Oxide’s proprietary Nitrous Engine, where their play style and decisions will shape the world they create, the lives of their people, and their legacy as a leader.

Oxide Games has an ambitious vision to deliver a truly groundbreaking evolution in the turn-based strategy genre, but can’t get to the finish line without its players. To help reach their goals, we’re launching the Ara: History Untold Insider Program! As an Insider, you’ll join a passionate community of strategy game fans and leave your mark on the game. Sign up today for exclusive updates, feedback opportunities, and a chance to be among the first to play the game later this year.”

12 Likes

Why didn’t they show this!!?!?

17 Likes

I’m annoyed they didn’t show proper gameplay at the showcase. But then have all these beta screenshots ready to show right afterwards. Maybe tuesday?

1 Like

Yeah, I was intrigued by this game, but I had no real sense of it with what we saw.

wait it’s something between a 4x and a city builder? :thinking:

legit thought it was a rise of nations reboot tbh

1 Like

https://www.arahistoryuntold.com/

1 Like

Okay now this is more like it.

I don’t understand why this is PC only (so far). Civilization has been on consoles for a long time.

7 Likes

I hate when Xbox does PC first

4 Likes

i hope so. I’m excited to learn more about this game. I enjoy civ a lot. So keeping a tab on this one.

1 Like

Perhaps the performance wasn’t up to par for a proper fly-through.

1 Like

get pc games on cloud asap

3 Likes

I’m excited for this one, but no way my pc will run it. I can’t run even Humankind. Hope they add it on cloud with keyboard and mouse support, so I can play.

I also don’t exactly know how that would translate in a e3 style showcase where they could basically show a static screenshot and it would be effectively be gameplay as a game like civ is so menu based and management based. All you would see is just a bunch of windows maybe a sprite moaving from one hex to another. Its not the most compelling thing to show. As the things that people who are going to play this game are looking for aren’t things the average viewer is going to want to sit through and watch.

I say this with full acknowledgement of being one of hte people who have questions that most people wont care because I’ve logged thousands upon thousands of hours in civ. So i have very nerdy questions and looking for things like how does the citizen management resource allocation work. Which is important but not exciting or fun to watch.

There’s a summer playtest for this if I heard their coverage of this on the stream just now. The intro for it also called it a new franchise. Seems MS wants to really invest in this as an IP for the PC crowd. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hoping this is Microsoft’s take on Anno

Anno rules

6 Likes

I’m a Mac user and console gamer. I so, so, SO wish this was coming to console.

Maybe Humankind will tide me over, but I’d buy a kb/m and lap board to play this on console.

5 Likes

Well its a xbox game funded by Microsoft I assume it would have cloud support. Jez was saying he thought it was coming to console but it might not be at launch.

Welcome to the community btw.

2 Likes

No cloud if no console version unfortunately, so hopefully there will be a console version.

2 Likes