New Witcher game announced (first in a new saga, Unreal Engine 5)

I think after RED engine’s limitations they encountered in CP2077, that must have decided to let go of the red engine

The streaming capability of the UE5 is remarkable

1 Like

Whatever the case may be I just hope Xbox will partner again with CDPR.

2 Likes

When have they ever? You mean marketing and stuff? I couldn’t care less

Probably a given considering PlayStation took 2077 down from their store for like a year.

5 Likes

Marketing yes, I trust Xbox nowadays more than Sony. Sony i can see try and make a future expansion timed exclusive, Xbox not as much.

4 Likes

I think this saga will focus on the Cat school.

1 Like

damn that’s disappointing about not getting a Ciri game but I understand, hey if the new characters get to be just as fun to play if not more, then I’m 100% down anyway.

It is a bit sad that RedEngine won’t be used, cuz IMO we only know of its limitations from a super ambitious rushed crossgen game. Despite its technical mess, the rendering, facial animation, dialogue systems, are industry leading fr.

Hope they can somehow translate that into UE5 as well. :crossed_fingers:

Witcher 3 during gameplay still looks like it could have come two weeks ago. CP2077 is gorgeous too, but yeah, I suppose they hit roadblocks technically and also onboarding new devs will be much easier now that they wouldn’t need to train in-house engine use every time.

1 Like

Yep. After three games Witcher really feels like Geralt’s game. But I have faith that CDPR comes with a interesting main character again, and a great story with characters too.

After the brilliance of Witcher 3 though it’s not going to be easy to top that. Even if it doesn’t top it and is just as good that’s more than enough. Hope this will have a way more stable development than Cyberpunk had.

1 Like

you most likely won’t be playing this game on whatever current hardware you currently own.

1 Like

Never say never I guess. Witcher 3 development didn’t take crazy amounts of years. But I get ya, we shall not be too optimistic.

I think this is a 2026 game.

1 Like

Could be around the time of TES VI. Could be in that year, the year before or after it too.

I was not aware, so it does make more sense. Still, it is a bit of a gamble because although Epic is making big claims about UE5’s open world chops, this is an area where UE has been lacking traditionally.

1 Like

all I know is CDPR wants this game out before its crossgen time.

:phil_lmao:

4 Likes

Development for this game is literally just starting, speculating for a release date is meaningless at best. Especially since I imagine they realize they can’t afford to pull of another cp2077 situation. And on top of that they’re using an engine they’re not familiar with, I’d say forget about this game until further news around 2025.

That’s true.

But, I also remember them saying last year that they were making big changes at CDPR. Roadmap updates on a yearly basis and such.

Still, what updates can we get when the development started months ago? Maybe some concept art for the next 3 years, if that.

The announcement is pretty much a call for developers imo.

1 Like

Same! A studio known for their engine-building prowess moving to middleware (even as good as UE5 is), has me more worried than excited - I need to look into which engineers have left post CP2077.

1 Like

It will be hard to top The Witcher 3! I hope they don’t feel the need to add multiplayer. Go back to what made that game great and hopefully build their rep back up after the state Cyberpunk launched in.

Fuck yeah!!!

Give me my CIRI fantasy/sci-fi warping time traveling trilogy!!!

Fucking hyped!!!