New Windows 11 Details for Gaming

Thanks. :+1:

Looks like I’m going to have go digging around in my BOIS or grab a TPM module from MSI. Apparently R7 2700 with a MSI B450 Tomahawk doesn’t make the Win 11 grade. :joy:

mess

I mean they are not forcing you to take Windows 11 on the spot. With new stuff being released, there is always downsides. Now for Sudio 2, they could have done better for sure, but it’s not as if the majority has bought it either.

1 Like

i’m gonna start “freaking” when it releases, not gonna bother now

1 Like

I havent said that here yet but i want to say that im really excited about Windows 11!

the OS is beautiful, FINALLY new Microsoft Store :pray:. very happy to see Sarah Bond at the event and to see MS talking about games, Xbox PC app and “It Just Works:grin: etc. on Windows 11. Im excited. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I’m not convinced yet by the new Store. I really need more information.

2 Likes

You are talking of the tech aspects, I suppose. Very little information there. But if the commerce engine is pluggable, it makes for interesting possibilities.

Did anyone watch the dev briefing? I suspect more info drops are on the way. Lots of top level information now.

I’ll try to listen to Windows Weekly or Windows Central for a more detailed breakdown.

Behold the win11 file explorer

1 Like

TBH what I really wanted to see was the control panel. Or better yet, I want to see it gone, but all the functionality embedded into the settings app

Yes, it would be great to hear that all the issues people have with GP for PC have been addressed. As it stands now, I’ve read too many horror stories to recommend it in good faith to my PC-only friends and I’m sure that that’s the kind of issue MS wants to fix.

I’m fairly excited about Windows 11. Probably don’t wanna risk installing an insider build on my computer though. I hope that we can sideload APKs instead of having to rely on the Amazon store!

Microsoft ‘Encourages’ Steam and Epic Games To Join Windows 11’s New App Store

1 Like

I just noticed that after sunsetting the desktop one note app to focus on the uwp app they now reverted this choice and will instead sunset the uwp app for getting back the win32 one.

Was weird seeing the desktop onenote being back in the 365 install, and now it makes sense.

The bad part about that was that they actually added quite a few features in the uwp version that are currently not present in the win32.

What a mess XD

Well there it is:

So basically an overreaction. Everyone on Win10 will be elegible to update to 11. This is just a check for OEMs to ramp up security on new devices.

8 Likes

So it’s a strong encouragement as part of a concerted effort in order to decrease harmful attacks in general. I’m all for security measures that minimize user involvement, and as someone who has a distant interest in the custom firmware scenes for various game systems, it’s hard to argue against the results that Xbox security provides.

I wish they had been a bit clearer about it from the start, but I guess it only took about a day for them to explain things better.

1 Like

Gaming at 54 mins.

GDK available to everyone free of charge. Previously, this was available only for partners.

7 Likes

This is more than just a store market share move.

The Microsoft Store is now a platform for other stores - which is revolutionary in itself. If they are able to add Epic and Steam as a download option for each game, then this Super Store is basically a catalog of games with options on how to download and pay for them - through ms, steam, epic or even gog.

Background checks will only apply if they are using the ms store backend services of cdn and payment. These will be offloaded to Steam and Epic if someone chooses to download from those places.

The architecture is absolutely phenomenal. Hope they can get all the game stores on board.

btw, this is coming to Windows 10. I am not sure when.

2 Likes

I found a link on reddit. According to this person who seems to work for Microsoft, sideloading of Android apps will be allowed.

Apparently this was false. Ms is now claiming win11 won’t run on older cpus, but that they will work to increase compatibility until launch :confused:

I thought it would run with a warning.

MS should feel a bit embarrassed that their own super expensive Studio 2 is not compatible with Win 11. I would like to know the reason for the cutoff at 8th gen of Intel Core architecture.