New State of Play announced - Thursday 2PM PST

Its on PC.

Day 1 on Epic store as well.

Basically what’s happened is PC stay eating this year. :joy::sweat_smile:

All the PS “exclusives” and Xbox exclusives as well.

I would not take what he said as gospel here. Clearly some of his info has been bad in the past. I’m certain Sony paid for exclusivity, but I doubt they would bother paying to extend that to a PS5 version. Not sure that sorta thing has ever happened before and it seems like it would not affect literally anything other than SE losing sales. Nobody is gonna buy a PS5 for an upgraded PS4 game and consoles won’t be readily available by then anyhow most likely. Just seems like Sony would not get anything materially valuable out of such a deal.

Ope, turns out the FF7R leaker WAS correct after all and just got some details swapped! Wonder if this implies the Remake on PS5 has RT since it didn’t look like it in trailer.

This game isn’t a full exclusive, that’s for sure. My bet is when part 2 gets announced for the PS5, Part 1 comes to Xbox. This will happen until all parts are on Xbox or Xbox grows their marketshare enough for Square to just release for it day one.

Timed

1 Like

Square would be stupid to not take the money from Sony for Final Fantasy.

For sure I think Xbox fans have been pretty receptive to indies you can go back xbox 360 days with summer of arcade. Also the developer of the descender game said his indie games did much better on Xbox than Sony, so it’s an interesting argument. I do feel lots of risk releasing game on Sony only since bigger pond, but if it works out you can have a hit on your hand. Anyways, what I hope for is for Microsoft to continue to show indie games at their events because there seems to be interest on xbox.

1 Like

Would probably rate the State of Play “mini” a 5/10 or 6/10. Average and expected show. I knew it was going to be mostly about their AA/Indies from last June which they said it would be.

• Solar Ash looks real cool but not for me.
  • Oddworld Soulstorm looks great but also not for me.
  • Returnal would be 100% for me if it was straightforward instead of a rogue like game.
  • Sifu looks real good. It has my interest.
  • Kena: Bridge of Spirits releasing on August 24th is further out than I was expecting but look great. It stated that it’s console exclusive for a limited time. No time period. I wonder if it’s under six months. Retailing for $40 digitally i exactly what I expected it to be. Hoping the console timed exclusivity gets revealed before it releases.
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake … will they release Episode Two before PlayStation 6 releases? Place your bets ladies and gentlemen. lmao. Had my fill of it a year ago and it’s a great 8.5/10 game but no way am I playing this same shit again. UGH.
  • Reason I mention FFVIIR is because of the release date - June 10th. Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart is June 11th. Am I missing something here?
  • I’m now 100% fully expecting Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart to be delayed to the Fall which in turn leads to Horizon 2 being pushed to February 2022. I can’t imagine Sony paying for FFVIIR and putting it the day before Ratchet. That makes no fucking sense.
1 Like

Sure, now that is true, Sony can cover Xbox sales, but for how long can this remain true?

Any info on how long it’s timed for or no idea???

This has also been revealed today:

VGC no Twitter: “Sony is winding down original game development at its oldest first-party developer, Japan Studio, multiple sources have told VGC. :arrow_right: https://t.co/PCL3YtKLAY https://t.co/pa7uAsv4LS” / Twitter

F

Sorry, corrected the post. It was not during the event, but it was published today. Basically they are firing most devs, closing the studio as it is today and keeping just the Astro team for minor endevours.

This is really dumb…

Yeah, the fans of the studio are really loyal and, of course, they are not happy, as you can see on these replies to this tweet.

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1365016966247952384

I hope uncle Phil, catches all this talent and build a new japanese studio from the ground up. Ronin Studio.

2 Likes

Not bad, pretty average. Lots of cross gen games that sony trys to pretend are PS5 exclusives lol.

As of now though PS5 and xbox are pretty even.

Sony has returnal, xbox has medium Sony has rachet, xbox has flight sim. Sony has possibly horizon 2 xbox has halo infinite.

1 Like

I wish I had the same definition of what constitutes “even”.