New State of Play announced - Thursday 2PM PST

That was it huh?

The only games that truly interest me are Kena (hopefully comes to Xbox at some point too) very impressive all around for a indie dev. And Deathloop looks more fun than I had expected. So it being timed saddens me just a little more, ah well.

The format is great though, nothing but either game demos or trailers consisting of gameplay and ingame stuff.

PLEASE tell me FF7R is coming to Xbox. The exclusivity period should before June, which is when the PS5 version is releasing.

3 Likes

Damn not even Horizon?

Keep refreshing the Square Enix twitter account and pray lol!

2 Likes

Final Fantasy VII PS5 version looked awesome, I really hope it makes it to Series X someday!

Rest of the showā€¦ deeply eh.

1 Like

Who knows, even PC looked distant now, itā€™ll come Iā€™m sure tho.

I believe Ed said that donā€™t hold your breath on it

Kinda lame tbh FF7 Stuff was cool pretty much proves we ainā€™t getting it tho lol

I didnā€™t see any mention of exclusive on that trailer but who knows.

Kena looks amazing. Interesting that the FF7R leaks were almost perfect except for a couple details. Wonder how those details got twisted. Nothing else was interesting at all to me. Returnal looked really bland I felt. When the biggest surprise was the FF7R upgrade is freeā€¦ >.>

Why? Not like they were gonna announce an XSX version at SoP.

I want FF7R on Series X so bad. Such a shame

1 Like

It never stated Exclusive in the trailer but it seems to be

Also Kena is August wow. But it looks insane, canā€™t wait.

So their next title is pretty much Returnal at the end of April.

I thought thereā€™d at least one big thing shown.

Solar Ash disappointed me a bit tbh. It was one of my more anticipated games. I thought itā€™d be something more, but it looks like The Pathless with a sword. Not as hype compared to Hyper Light Drifter. But I hope itā€™ll be good either way.

Oddworld looked great. Crazy that it was what became the ps+ title.

The dodgeball game looked fun. Nothing more there.

Deathloop looks fucking crazy good tho. Man I really hope they somehow find a way to get it onto gamepass pc day 1 cuz I NEED that shit.

But yeah, outside that, really thatā€™s it? And to think people expected Horizon, Silent Hill, Metal Gear Remake, GT7 and freaking God of War lmao.

Some people are like this was worse than the Nintendo Direct which is not a good sign lol.

I mean, the direct at least had a lot of new stuff whereas half of SoP was just reshowing old stuff in new packaging.

But yeah, overall OK show. I would have at least liked a look at Horizon. Makes me believe covid really has fucked up everything. It would have been that conversation on social media for a good while. This state of play didnā€™t have any of that stuff that takes over twitter and games media which is odd for Sony I must say.

1 Like

They couldnā€™t talk about any other versions til after April 10th anyhow.

Yeah, I can see that being the reasonā€¦ but it clearly seems to be the wrong public.

Many nice indies were shown in todayā€™s State of Play, but people are complaining about them because they were expecting those big cinematic PlayStation exclusives.

Meanwhile, people were looking forward Haven, Call of the Sea and The Medium on Xbox.

Edit: Oh, and the likes of Scorn, The Ascent, The Gunk, Darktideā€¦ people are really looking forward those on Xbox, but they would be criticized were they on a State of Play.

2 Likes

True but I think we have to take into account what Shpeshal_Ed said, and he said he heard this from sources last year too.

But I hope he is wrong. We got Dragon Quest for christ sake after such a long time. And itā€™s not like FF sells gangbusters, so why is Sony doing this? Because I donā€™t believe itā€™s only on SE here.

1 Like

Maybe to bet on nostalgia from the PS1? No clue

Oh also is Sifu exclusive to PlayStation? I could immediately see ā€œAbsolver successorā€ all over it. Looked great, hope it plays great as well.

Isnā€™t Kena PS exclusive ?