New Marvel game being written by Amy Hennig and developed by Skydance New Media (narrative-driven, blockbuster action-adventure game, featuring a completely original story)

They don’t have to have anything to do with it. They could pay for it to not be on Xbox for a year… or can be two, now, apparently,

We gonna do this every time a third party game is announced?

5 Likes

If Sony wanted this game or was involved it would had been in the state of play lol.

1 Like

Xbox Community got PTSD from Sony timed exclusive deals.

10 Likes

New here so don’t know how it goes with other 3rd party games, but this one to me seems candidate :slightly_smiling_face:

Would’ve preferred a new IP from Amy Hennig, but eh, could be cool nonetheless.

For sure :matrick_emote:

2 Likes

It’s pretty damn ridiculous how much it tunes some people up.

1 Like

Yeah, we do now. But it was leaked over a year prior and no one knew that it was a PS5 exclusive developed by Insomniac. Point is that until a game gets officially revealed and announced, I wouldn’t be shocked or surprised to see if it’s a timed console exclusive for PS5. Just have to wait and see.

It’s entertaining though. lol

If it was a Sony exclusive they would have announced their partnership today. Or this announcement would have been saved for a Sony show.

Not really true. First, it could have been a recently made deal that has nothing to do with Sony yet. Second, look at Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo, they were announced as multi-platform in 2019 and a year later, both ended up being announced as one year timed exclusives. These deals are not always made when an announcement is made. It’s usually made down the line because the publisher is going to want to see the actual game first before paying for any exclusivity. Look at Game Pass deals like Outriders. Wasn’t done until a few weeks before launch. Also, if there’s something ready to be shown from this game which I doubt but let’s say there is and Sony has timed exclusivity for it, they would show it at The Game Awards, not a shitty State of Play that wasn’t a focal point for them at all.

I sure do, some of my favorite games are always in their aim.

3 Likes

If it’s the game in the leak, it has been in the works for over 18 months (post was March 2020).

The Bethesda Games are pretty rare examples (at least that I can think of) that got locked up post announcement.

Game Pass deals are completely different than published and/or timed exclusive deals.

Sony announced all (or most) of their recent Publishing partnerships through press releases, just like this one.

Could it end up Sony exclusive? Sure. But why are we running straight to that without anything to suggest so? Sony is not locking up every third party game that gets announced.

1 Like

I’m not running straight to that conclusion. All I said is that I wouldn’t be surprised if that turned out to be the case.

I guess that shows the effectiveness of the deals they are making when that is a fear that lingers in the back of minds every time a game is announced without platforms.

2 Likes

So will this project be cursed like the Star Wars project she worked on?

2 Likes

I hope not. Probably won’t happen but I would love a Blade game.

1 Like

Sony gone to money hat this i can already feel it.

Daredevil game set in Chicago, not Hell’s Kitchen, NY seems odd for a DD game.

1 Like