New Final Fantasy game timed exclusive to PS5

Well, Sony being shady is known since forever, come on. XD

I’ve been quite vocal on Sony being a cutthroat corporate business and how I find it comical how people paint MS as the “evil corporation” while supporting Sony or Nintendo for that matter. Lets be real, they are all doing this to make money, all of them.

3 Likes

LMAO, a new FF game while 16 is nowhere in sight? Gtfoh.

I used to care, but then I realized I honestly didn’t think 15 was that great. I’ve given up on 7 Remake too, even more so because it’s freaking part 1, not even the full game. I can’t be caring too much about that stuff anymore when Xbox is set to be RPG heaven this Gen.

2 Likes

Does MS get more sh1t than Sony ? Well DUH.

Are there Sony fans who critisized Xbox so passionately for Tomb Raider timed exclusivity but turn the other cheek when they do it ? DUH.

- Most fans reading this so far are liking it so far. Because I critisize the other side. The side we ‘‘hate’’.

Are there Xbox fans who cry foul about Sonys timed exclusivity deals but turned the other cheek when MS got timed exclusivity for Tomb Raider ? DUH.

-Most fans are now changing their opinion suddenly, and hating my point of view because I’m pointing out the issues on both sides. The side we’re on. That’s a no go to also point the finger towards the community you’re in. You’re either with us or against us.

I am 100% sure, that a lot of Xbox fans on the internet who cry foul about Sony’s timed exclusivity deals today, would turn the other cheek if MS goes out and buys timed exclusivity on the next GTA. They’re hypocrites. Sony fans are showing their hypocrisy doing the same thing with their millionth timed exclusivity games. I’m an Xbox fan, not fanboy. Because if MS announced a timed exclusivity on the next GTA, I’d be calling that a great business move. Just as I think this is a smart business move for Sony. I’m not going to flip flop like so many others out there on both sides. So I’m not going to argue semantics over here or get upset over this and how it might affect consumers lol. No corporation cares about any consumer that isn’t their consumer. Because all they care about is the money. And deals like these are great business moves for them.

I wish more fan(boy)s would come to that realization.

1 Like

Sony getting closer to selling me a PS5 with news like this. Final Fantasy is my jam.

All’s fair in love and war.

I don’t like timed exclusives for established 3rd party games, whichever company is the culprit, because imo it’s only a risk for brand image and MS fortunately got it after Tomb Raider. If you buy the company, then the game is yours and it’s a completely different matter. I wouldn’t blink an eye for a PS5 Sunset Overdrive, is their game now, for example.

I disagree, world was ending when FF13 for Xbox 360 were announced and since then, the series was considered de facto multiplatform like other ex PS exclusives like RE, DMC, Metal Gear, etc…

1 Like

Here is the thing…games being genuinely funded by these deals are one thing. It brings a game to market that might otherwise not exist. I don’t particularly even dislike these deals. They exist they are for business reasons and you’ve just outlined the business case for them.

My issue is people celebrating it and wanting ‘retaliation’. You are getting nothing extra. Absolutely nothing extra. And Sony or Microsoft might use it to incentivise you in the way you’ve described but in reality you are only getting what you would do anyway.

Let’s say for example Xbox had bought a year of Biomutant exclusivity…we’d all be excited to play the game. On Tuesday. But as it is we’re all excited to play the game. On Tuesday. It ultimately to me as a consumer makes zero difference. Unless it’s on gamepass. But taking games off other platforms is part of the business it’s part of what happens. But there is no need to cheerlead it. Or tie ourselves in knots to pretend it’s adding anything to the industry at all because it clearly isn’t.

If Sony has their Final Fantasy, there’s only one course of action. We need our Lost Odyssey.

6 Likes

The irony is that MS shelved Lost Odyssey and the other jrpg ventures in Japan when they finally got FF. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Anyway, sadly there is no real answer, even Sony got it, a new ip will 99% always lose against a tentpole decade old franchise, expecially if MS is the maker (concerning jrpg). For this reason imo they should counter this situation.

1 Like
  • I love Final Fantasy
  • I dont own a PS5
  • Sony starts buying FF exclusivity
  • FF7 Remake, FF16 and rumoured new FF title

Me: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-

• It’s all TIMED

Me: I Sleep Calmly and Soundly

3 Likes

All of these games will come to Xbox eventually. I guarantee by the end of the gen I’ll be playing all of these either at a budget sale or gamepass on my Xbox. Ff16 isn’t a game I have interest in playing at launch. Knowing DE track record 16 will be better after about a year when it does come to Xbox.

A refresher for you people that keep using the Tomb Raider exclusive argument…First off, my firs txbox was a ff13 special edition, and I loved that game. Sadly, i had to leave Xbox at the beginning of last generation due to ff14 was announced as a Playstation exclusive, so the Sony e xlcusivity started with ff14 way before Tombraider, then to add insult to injury they announced kh3 and ff13 versus as exclusives. So some of the devs said the PlayStation was hurting in sales etc,for justification due to in Japan consoles were loosing to.portable devices. So stop with the tombraider baloney. I do not see the other big publishers excluding Xbox. Btw, even if you made Lost Oyddsy it would not replace final fahtasy for us fans.

They already sold me one for this reason - MS is not going to get any FF games for quite awhile, with some games even having multiple years of exclusitivity. I cannot part with FF, and R&C looks insane. The box is such an ugly PoS that it hides in the media closet for the theater room though. Also, I forgot about Kena so yeah …

Kena is coming to xbox, it’s timed.

3 Likes

He would buy it as he’s owned an Xbox One and Xbox 360 but now, he doesn’t need to as he has a decent enough PC to run the few games he’s interested in. As of now, he cares mostly about Hellblade 2 which he now believes is 2023, Perfect Dark which is probably after Hellblade 2 and Indiana Jones which is probably after Perfect Dark.

He looks at Xbox and knows 95% of what games are there just aren’t for him. Plus, he knows that all Microsoft cares about is Game Pass and having co-op/multi-player live service games added to the service which makes sense since they want people to stay subscribed.

As for old Xbox 360 deals, they still did it. Who cares if AAA deals like this are hated by journalists? If that’s why Microsoft doesn’t do these types of deals, that’s on them then, not Sony or anyone else. If it was me, im going to do whatever it takes to make my brand, platform and eco-system the most valuable it can be and if that means pissing off journalists (SMH) and fanboys on the other side, so be it. Too bad for them.

I agree with you but it’s simply not how the vast majority looks at it. Take ZeniMax for example. All anyone can do is talk about Starfield yet we haven’t seen anything from it (outside of leaked photos) and yet, so many Xbox fans are hyped but if it was Sony that acquired ZeniMax, many Xbox fans would be pissed off.

Timed console exclusives don’t actually add anything in the long term but at the same time, what happens if it’s a FF7R situation where the year goes by and the other platform doesn’t get the game yet? I see them as multi-platform games but if I can get the game six months or a year earlier on one of the two consoles since the development studio would pretty much be all in with that version of the game first instead of waiting an extra 6-12 months for the game to be multi-platform, im not going to lie, give me the game early.

Everyone has a choice. I’m a gamer. I want to play games. I don’t care which side pays for what because I own both consoles and always will because I simply don’t want to wait to play the timed console exclusives that im interested in playing and there’s always a chance like FF7R that the other platform never gets the game even if they should or are meant to.

For Microsoft, I would much rather see them pay for games to go on Game Pass as it’s better for me as long as it’s a game im interested in day one. But at the same time, if they were to pay say for a year of exclusivity for the next Tomb Raider or another AAA title, im sure as hell aren’t going to complain because if the game is for me, I will be playing it regardless.

Yeah, PS5 is ugly as fuck but at the end of the day, games are what matter the most. If a console has games that you want to play, why wouldn’t you want to own the console so you can then play those games?

I don’t care about FFXVI but I am interested in Forspoken, will see what this new FF game is and im hyped for Kena. This doesn’t include Sony’s published exclusives. At the end of the day, it should be all about if you want to play games that will only be available on the other console or games that will be exclusive for a limited time.

I don’t purchase Square Enix titles anymore because of this timed exclusivity nonsense. Put them on Game Pass or take a hike.

New Final Fantasy timed exclusive to PlayStation you say?

giphy

Oh well, moving on…

Have you heard the rumors about everwild being vaporware?. In the meantime Sony keeps securing “their” franchises.

Can wait for these timed exclusives to come to Xbox. Sony can keep pissing away their money to keep it for a year or two, my backlog is full as it is so I’m really not that fussed.

Also I can’t at a few people on Era saying Playstation is the home of FF when it’s clearly Nintendo. Since when was FF7 the first game in the series :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I stopped liking Final Fantasy while playing Final Fantasy 3 and realized I don’t like turn based RPGs At the time, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Deus Ex and etc…were so much better. It’s been that way ever since and will be forever.