New Console Woes: Are the PS5 and Xboxes really experiencing a lot of issues?

No. And that picture doesn’t mean anything. You expect the hotter zones at the back where the air is exhausted so looks like its working. Also since there is no scale its a bit meaningless.

There were some people talking about it online, apparently the red area in the middle lines up with the black center marks that have been appearing on the consoles. We have yet to discover what is causing the black halo marks on the console.

Here is my problem - the image looks to be doing exactly what the PS5 is designed to. Funnel heat out the back. So looks good. The ONLY scale point we’re given is yellow in the centre of the console where its claimed it is incredibly cool 32C. Now IF the red a few cm away from it is dangerously hot to the point of marking the outer case you are looking at a way hotter temperature than 32c immediately next to it. So I would reason that isn’t the case at all and this is working exactly as intended. The marks on the outside of consoles to me also seem highly unlikely to be due to internal temperature. Are people really suggesting that heat dissapation is so poor its able to get hot enough to discolour plastic on the outside of the box but ONLY in a very small, isolated and specific zone? Seems unlikely to me unless someone can posit a much stronger theory as to specifically what is there…if the marks were the shape of a heatsink then I might start to think about it.

1 Like

I thought that was a form of mold that was captured in the plastic covers during manufacturing or shipping. Or at least that was the ongoing idea at the time it first started showing up. * shrug *

I heard the mold theory too.

So is it something that will continue to reappear or will it disappear after the first time?

Basically, I’m hearing it’s either a mold issue or a heat issue.

I’m perplexed by both…

Anybody have issue setting up the Sonos Arc on their Series X?

For some reason I can’t get my X to detect the Arc as Dolby Atmos enabled.

1 Like

I think their is a bug with netflix when using the 120hz output on Series X, sometimes I get screentearing in the upper part of the screen. You can even easily see it when the netflix logo blows up in the beginning. Using an Lg Cx.

Disney+ works fine (both using the dolby vision hdr mode)

When setting the console output to 60hz the tear disappears

1 Like

I knew the PS5 would have issues at launch, its just sonys strategy, pinch pennies on hardware and spend more on marketing. While YouTube somtimes crashes my seriesX, its not a big inconvenience. Xbox’s hardware philosophy does not cut corners, its a really premium brand.

1 Like

Weirdly since I moved to a LG CX, Disney+ now crashes on my Series X, but if use the app on the TV itself, then it’s fine. Otherwise only other issues I’ve had are games sometimes using quick resume and sometimes not (the same game btw, I know some are not using it at all).

So far

PS5 has two main problems-

1. GPU artifacting

2. Storage reset issue

What are the issues on Xbox which are common right now?

1 Like

:thinking:

Vaping!

In seriousness, I’ve really only heard of a few app crashes and a couple of restarts. I’ve had both. On my PC, 360, my PS3, my Xbox One, my One X and now my Series X. Apps crash. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Some are having HDMI Handshaking issues on Xbox Series consoles with 4K TVs – seems to exhibit itself as screen blanking every so often.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/xba_console/seriesx-blackscreen-flickering/a514b4b2-e340-4b0f-947e-d837feb79391

Here is a list of known issues being worked on my Microsoft

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/xba_console/known-issues-on-xbox-series-xs/221c9d7f-dc91-4067-ba81-33ab671179b5

4 Likes

It also comes in white.

I have a white mark in that spot so it must be a moulding thing.