New Console Woes: Are the PS5 and Xboxes really experiencing a lot of issues?

My Xbox shut itself off the other day while I was perusing the store. I had just replaced the batteries in my controller when it happened. The console shut off but the controller stayed on. Other than that, I’ve had no issues. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

It’s not that bad, the PS5 has more hardware quirks the Series X just has dev tools that need time to mature. I’d rather have issues with needing to improve software than hardware problems.

1 Like

PS5 seems to have loads of problems. Haven’t heard much in the way of Xbox issues to date. Lots of small stuff on PS5 OS that were promised but aren’t actually working too.

2 Likes

I’ve been having a total of zero issues with my series x and PS5. I haven’t been using any external storages or anything like that, just been basically playing them out the box as is for what it’s worth

1 Like

This is a very good point. Xbox fans in general seems to be more interested in Xbox-things, both positive and negative. The PS-community (the fanbois) is built around hate of the other side to a much higher degree in my experience. A bit sad really.

4 Likes

I’ve noticed this too.

1 Like

I’ll rather have underperforming APIs then coil whine. One is software which can be updated. The other…not.

For launch, it seems that Sony were more prepped on the SDK and APIs, while MS have the edge on the OS features and hardware build quality. For Xbox its better then 2013 for sure - no PAL support for Europe, no battery controller indicator, no Guide etc.

2 Likes

Yeah I think this is right. I’d rather have a few framerate issues early on that deal with having to reinstall my games or keep repairing the SSD. I know the issues will be fixed on both sides but my Xbox series X experience has been great compared to my two friends with PS5’s who love their machines but are spending more time trying to resolve issues than they are gaming. For one they ejected their COD Cold War disc after installing and downloading the updates and on ejection the whole game deleted itself…yeah…

3 Likes

Its one of the reasons I decided to get a seriesX first. Xbox use better quality parts and have a better design, im not surprised PS5 is having more issues, as it is more complicated and has worse quality parts.

2 Likes

I’ve had a few hiccups with my Series X, nothing major. Very slow download speeds on the two days after release, and a couple of times where it wouldn’t start a BC game from an external hard drive until after I restarted the console.

1 Like

I haven’t had a single issue with the Series X - and it is so quiet that the wife asked if it was even on. My son and nephew haven’t had an issue with the PS5 either. I don’t think these are widespread - the Internet is just very, very aware these days. You will hear about every little thing from anyone that does have an issue.

My PS5 started having a mind of my own, moving Miles randomly with the DualSense shaking like crqzy and then crashing. Refused to turn off. This was during the final battle.

I unplugged the thing and plugged it back in. A screen chastized me for doing this, but everything has been fine since.

Series X comes Wednesday. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

There is alarming problems on PS5s, as for XSX there are bugs like quick resume and disc drive issue (this small parentage issue)

dead consoles are expected for both

game bugs are another story

1 Like

Anyone else having audio sync issues with YouTube? Sometimes the audio and video doesn’t match but pausing and unpausing the video fixes it. Another issue is Xbox captures being out of sync too.

1 Like

Tom Warren seems to be covering PS5 issues on Twitter. Kotaku wrote an article about how buggy the PS5 is.

1 Like

That’s a start, I just say an article from Eurogamer, but the reporting is not widespread.

Just as I commented on your post, he posted a tweet about the Artificaling

1 Like

The Xbox is quiet with no issues.

The PS5 is acceptable. I definitely hear the fan but it’s nothing like how bad the PS4 was.

The most annoying thing with the PS5 was when it crashed. After the crash the PS5 told me it need to repair the 2tb external hard drive. When that happens the PS5 deletes your games and formats the drive.

1 Like

My XSX goes strong with no issues at all. And absolutely silent. I can’t hear the thing even with volume off and playing a game (BC game).

1 Like