NBA Off Topic Discussion- Space Jam

Oh joy, we’re on a collision course for another Celtics vs Lakers NBA Finals. 2020 is the worst.

Heat will take care of celtics.

Lol clippers losing when up 3-1.

Historical chokers. Never seen anything like it

2 Likes

Skiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip

2020 sucks

This thread is completely dead but

LAKERS

Lakers champ!!!

What a terrible game.

Congrats Lakers tho. Best team in the league and deserved it. Still disappointed that we didn’t see the battle for LA

Less than a year after this Gobert gets flame roasted once again you hate to see it.

Personally, I don’t think the talent level is anywhere near the 80’s and 90’s. Like not even close. Especially when now, there’s no defense. It’s like a scoring exhibition and that doesn’t show me talent, if anything, that shows me a lack of talent.

If LeBron played in the 90’s, I don’t think he would be anything more than above average because good defensive players at that time would have shut him down. A guy like Rodman would have shut him down not only because he’s a great defensive player but also and maybe even more importantly, can get into your head and LeBron has cried a few times when losing and whatnot so a guy like Rodman would have had a field day with LeBron.

Cmon man. This sounds like something I’d hear from a disgruntled ex NBA player who’s mad at the younger generation. LeBron is one of the most talented players to have ever played the game. Today’s NBA is insanely talented and loaded with stars. The amount of skilled players in today’s game completely dwarfs what we saw in the 90’s. Go back and look at offenses in the 90’s and honestly tell me that they’re more talented than what we are seeing today.

As for LeBron, compare the teams he played in the Finals vs Jordan. He played the Warriors, one of the 2 or 3 greatest teams ever, three times. He beat the 73-9 team after being down 3-1, and that same 73-9 team has to add Kevin Durant, a top 20 player ever just to beat him. LeBron is so good that teams have to stack their talent in order to have a chance. Yes, you can look back at 2011 when LeBron clearly wasn’t engaged and was frankly scared. That’s a mark against him. I don’t think you can look at any other Finals series he lost and make a sound argument that LeBron had the talent advantage.

Why do people always discredit the 2011 Mavs? They had one of the most amazing playoffs run of the forever, swept Kobe, then beath KD, Harden and Westbrook and then defeated LeBrons superteam. And they beat them because they were the better team, not because some superstar was scared.

“not engaged” :rofl: the Mavs shut his ass down

LeBron is a damn good player but I would never put him in my top 20 if I had to make that list. Even top 50 would be debatable.

Today’s NBA is extremely talented but also a shell of it’s former self. There’s no defense, there’s no tough battles or anything. Watching games nowadays is like watching pre-season where it’s just a scoring exhibition.

LeBron has beaten a few good or better teams but he’s also lost a few of those finals. In my eyes, you can’t be the greatest if you lost in the finals. How can you be when you lost? lol

Also, I just don’t think the NBA is tough. Go back to the Knicks of the 90’s. They would hammer LeBron into submission. You don’t see toughness (dirty or not) in the NBA at all nowadays and like I said, there’s no defense. It’s like, why even running back to play defense when there isn’t any?

Watching the NBA now is dull and boring compared to when a huge NBA fan back in the 90’s and even early 2000’s. Now, it’s just nowhere near as good. Also, back then…when did you ever see a top tier star ask for help? Teams would build around their superstar but you never heard or read that this guy or that guy wanted another superstar. Look at Leonard or LeBron pleading for help and for what, so they can either take half the season off or milk an injury? Nah. Come on.

To me, it’s not even a competition. I look at the so called great talent of the Men’s USA team and their struggling more than not because teams that can play defense will most likely shut them down. Go back to the Dream Team…they slaughtered like everybody and yet, today’s NBA is better? No way.

To each their own but im 42 and today’s NBA just doesn’t even come close to what it was when I was a huge fan.

And Dirk > LeBron.

I’m so happy to see this thread get posts on the last day of the season

It’s NOT Thursday yet. lol

If you’re going to say LeBron is maybe not a top 50 player then you’re arguing in bad faith and it’s not even worth debating anymore.

He’s not. He’s much better than top 50. :wink:

In the 2011 Finals, absolutely. Overall, no. And I say that as a Dirk fan.

Realistically, he’s probably in the top 50 but there’s a lot of legends that would make it very close in my opinion.

Personally, I think Dirk is better because who did he ever have with him? I don’t remember anyone else from that Mavericks team. LeBron has had top tier talent around him once he left the Cavs the first time and even then, he’s only 4-6 in the NBA Finals. THIS IS GREATNESS?? Come on.