MS 2021 Q3 Results

I want to buy a second Series X, I have come to dislike the words “supply constraints” almost as much as “just wait”.

1 Like

Everything is possible…

Damn, and people were worried that a Discord acquisition would impact gaming acquisitions…

welp, brace yourselves

Even if the part of ‘‘more to come’’ was in reference to more Bethesda games coming to the service the fact that ‘‘growth because of content’’ was mentioned seems to imply that if they want more growth they have to invest more and acquisitions are part of that so they’re clearly aware of that. Which is good news.

5 Likes

I do think that part of his tweet was focused on more Bethesda games, but I agree completely that the real point was to refer to content being the flywheel for the service growth which absolutely can mean further acquisitions or deals for day one Game Pass releases from 3rd party and such.

1 Like

In a digital world what does it matter if yours is the original copies? Binary copies are exact duplicates…

It means you were the highest bidding sucker. It’s crazy how much money is spent on NFTs for sports.

3 Likes

It’s what a lot of us have been saying about content being king in order to continue to feed Game Pass and why Microsoft has not stopped looking for potential acquisitions and to get content on to the service.

1 Like

Yeah I’m not into it, I just know what they are.

1 Like

Very impressive results and growth. Looks very sustainable :+1:

A new evil plan to scam people out of their money with the added benefit of overheating our planet.

1 Like

Now get me Eidios Montreal so I can have more Deus Ex games

All im going to say is that while some don’t believe that console sales no longer matter, they 100% do and here’s why - if they don’t sell Series X/S, how would they get consumers subscribed to Game Pass? PC Game Pass is what a few million at best. Maybe a million for Cloud. So the other 16-18m is basically on consoles. Xbox One line and Xbox Series X/S.

So yeah, console sales do matter because it’s two extra options to get consumers into Game Pass and if they weren’t important, they wouldn’t have researched and developed TWO of them.

All the other stuff like PC, Cloud, maybe a streaming stick on TV’s, etc. is just additional options to get people into Game Pass but until all these areas start hitting 10m+ each, it’s all about the consoles being sold with the hope that those who buy a console subscribe to Game Pass along with their console purchase.

5 Likes

No Game Pass numbers

Guess you’ll have to take the word of a fraud who makes shit up for 22 million

Eat shit suckers

:reggie:

15 Likes

Can we expect more acquisitions within INSERT APPLICABLE TIMEFRAME after these numbers?

1 Like

Great news for MS.

They understand that they need a continuous supply of content for Gamepass.

More acquisitions will follow.

Console sales will always matter and its easier to get long term revenue from people once you have them in the console space.

3 Likes

Facts

1 Like

I think it’s just the beginning, I have a feeling their revenues will just keep climbing the next couple years.