Movies and TV shows thread

Fassbender ? Yes i loved it. Brooding but satisfying.

1 Like

Soooooo…Disney just got another bomb with wish just after their biggest bomba in theaters a few weeks ago (the marvels). 2023 is not being kind to them.

Literally only 1 Disney movie made profit this year and the dude that made the movie left the company for their rival. :phil_lmao:

1 Like

GOTG 3 and James gunn right? Imagime if plans for the DCCU (:v) are a success? Disney may regret this decision for the rest of their lives :grimacing:

Disney’s problems go way beyond one guy, even if they kept him they’d still be in a dire state, Star Wars, Marvel, animation are all in a terrible state and they are losing huge amounts of money on Disney+

Both their movie and tv budgets are completely out of control and they’ve made their audiences no longer care about, Disney used to have that Nintendo appeal where if it had the Disney logo it was a must have

Now it’s the opposite and I don’t see anything changing unless there’s a huge overhaul in management

Are you talking about the sequence in the Florida house ;)?

If so, absolutely agreed. I can’t be wholly objective with Fincher (I love pretty much everything he’s made), but I loved The Killer, and Fassbender was incredible (also as usual). The supporting cast was equally so; the restaurant scene… the tension was palpable.

Yep, that’s the one, had me stressed ! Very cool sound designs too, subtle but very effective.

They were showing the movie at my theatre but I didn’t get a chance to see it, really regret it now.

1 Like

I really loved Bullet Train, I went three times in one month to it. Just do damn entertaining. So it lacked a lot of things the book did have? I wonder why the director did this. Some things don’t translate well into movies, maybe that was the case here?

Just finished the show. Last season and finale go easily into some of the best in drama TV. This show is so unfortunately underrecognized, it comfortably sits with the likes of Sopranos, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, The Wire. I hope with time it can gain a bigger cult status like what happened with Wire.

1 Like

Its adaptation is comparable to Avatar the last airbender live action film. Its an extremely bad adaptation.

Jesus, that bad? I never saw that Avatar movie, but you mean it ignored tons of stuff from the book?

Sounds like they were better off having called it different and not Bullet Train. Still, I love that movie. :slight_smile:

yes.

exactly, but IP sells tickets.

same. very fun movie.

1 Like

My kids just made me feel super old. We are watching Men in Black 3 which starts with Nicole Scherzinger and I happened to say she was the singer in the Pussycat Dolls.

They then said was that a band that Grandma used to listen too (Grandma is shortly turning 80).

2 Likes

Starting to get quite curious about the new Godzilla movie. It has been received quite well! I will definitely go see this in the cinema.

1 Like

Okay, I have to take it back. Fargo S3 really grew on me and ended up being quite good in the end. (Except for the very end, which didn’t make a whole lot of sense.)

Its a materpiece! If you are a Godzilla fan you will definitely love this one.

1 Like

It’s really good! Saw it last night, highly recommend.

Oh man this sounds good! I wasn’t a fan at all of the USA Godzilla movies from the last few years. I mean, they were alright at best. This sounds great.

I kinda want to go tonight, but I promised my buddy I’d go see it with him, when he can. Could be next week, so to watch it today and in a week again is a bit much.

Finally saw Godzilla Minus One.

This is how you make a Godzilla movie. The human story is heartfelt, it’s genuine and it has you caring about them. Godzilla looks great, might not be as impressive as the USA version in terms of effects, but it does its job very nicely nonetheless. The destruction scenes are great and the struggle that people have is real.

What I like is that Godzilla just doesn’t give a single fuck, none of that nonsense from the USA movies (latest one) where he seems to be protecting the people? maybe the only farfetched thing was that the woman survived. I mean I guess it’s possible but that bit looked certain death to me. That being said, i liked it, because I wanted happiness for the three.

I haven’t seen many Godzilla movies from Japan. Which ones are definitely worth it too?

2 Likes

shin godzilla.

2 Likes